Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I ask my mom to buy me a padded bra?

My mom is Asian so shes a little different to deal with than your regular American mothers. She keeps telling me that I can't wear a bra because it stunts breast development and i don't think that is true. I secretly have one and i wear it to school but I don't want to keep secrets from my mom. I need a way to tell her I'm ready for one without getting her mad. Help please?How do I ask my mom to buy me a padded bra?
Aww. That is so sweet that you don't want to keep secrets from her. Definately maintain that relationship that the two of you have. I would not suggest taking her into a Victoria's Secret store. I think she will freak and say no right of the bat. I am not sure of your age, but I would ask her to take you to your doctor (Pediatrician, OBGYN, not sure who you see) because you have some ';questions';. I would then talk with the doctor about your mom's concerns on bras and breast developement and have the doctor calm any fears she may have. I would stay away from padded bras for awhile. I think that somehow suggests that you are uncomfortable with your size and I am guessing that you are young and still growing - no need to feel that you need to overcompensate. Embrace your own unique size and shape, no matter what. Women don't come in cookie cutter sizes. I think she would be more comfortable starting off with just a basic, supportive bra for your age and size, and move up from there. Good luck!How do I ask my mom to buy me a padded bra?
Just take her to the mall, wander in to victoria secrets and somebody'll ask you if you want to get measured. Say yes, they always reccamend a padded bra for younger people with small breasts. They can also convince your mom ha.
same here, I said ';mom, my training bras are getting to small. buy me one.'; then we went straight to walmart. aha


but in your case you should say ';im growing up mom. padded bras are a need.'; make sure your in a department store or something. lol.
You can find a resource in your language where it scientifically disproves your mom's belief.


If she still doesn't trust it, just buy one yourself. Also, you don't need a padded bra.
Hey, fellow Asian chick here :)





I remember when I wanted/needed a bra, I told my mom and we went to the local Walmart to get training bras. After a while, I wanted a padded bra and we went to the mall. Aerie or Pink and the lingerie section in Macy's are good places to start. Have you guys had the ';talk'; yet at school? I remember my school had it in 5th grade and parents were required to sign a sheet. I reminded my mommy about the talk we had and recited some stuff from the video and we were good to go (:





With Asian moms (at least from mine), if you give them some info from an 'expert' source, they rethink
it was hard for me too !!! it hard telling you mom some-thing like that but you know what just ask her you just say '; mom you know how i am geting older and i think i need biger bras';
Ugh! I hated this when I was younger, my mother and I would go bra shopping and she'd pick out non padded bras they were like old granny bras. And I DESPISED them. I would pick out the one I wanted but her response was always ';No, that wont last and it doesn't have good support.'; Then she would pick out non padded ones that were like white and frilly (the ones that come in a box) and she would say those were the best ones. I hated it and told her no I want this one. Then she'd get all pissed off but in the end I got what I wanted.





So when you go bra shopping pick out the one you want and just keep telling her that's the only one you want. If she just wont then go to the store yourself one day and buy your own.
Bras don't stunt breast growth. They actually help you in the long run. If you don't wear a bra your breasts will get saggy, which is gross. And after your breasts get so big, nobody wants to see that. You need to explain this all to your mom and you can even tell her that you have been wearing a bra to school. If not that, why not try talking to another adult woman that you are close to? An aunt, cousin, or friend's mother? Maybe they could talk to your mom for you.
Ya same with me! I'm 13 in 7th grade. my mom bought me a traing bra in the 5th grade and I was to nurvous that if i wore it she'd think the wrong things about me because she never told me to start wearing one she just said ';you to start wearing one sometime'; but i secretly waer it about onec a week, but i want a padded one so bad! i'm like the only 7th grader in my pe class with out a padder one... or even one at all.....





if your mom's best friend has a daughter, or your comfordable talking to her, ask her to say to your mom '; so when did your daughter start wearing a bra?'; your mom'll say ';well not yet'; and then she'll say '; reallly? maybe you should buy her one... I head that some kids are being made fun of at school who don't wear bras'; or someting like that


I'm just too shy:(





hope i helped

No comments:

Post a Comment