Sunday, December 11, 2011

Voicing your opinion!!?

It's so hard for me to keep my mouth shut about my boyfriend's mother and the way she treats him. No matter how much crap his family puts him through, I know that he will always want a relationship with them. It's just hard for me just to sit there and say nothing when she's so nasty to him. How do you deal with having to keep your opinions to yourself? It just about kills me, but I never want to say ';Your sister is a nutcase, your brother is an asshole who bosses you around, and your mother is a leech who could care less about your true well being.'; Right now he said she seems to be happy that he's moving out to be out on his own, but last week she was completely negative. The other day she was being negative and selfish(asking ';why cant your girlfriend transfer schools so she can move up here with us?';) %26lt;----MAYBE THATS NOT WHAT HE WANTS FOR ME!!. Its so hard to just keep this all inside...I have to stop letting it all get to me.Voicing your opinion!!?
Have you ever watched ';Everybody Loves Raymond?';



I used to watch it, but I find that I can't anymore. Nobody real would put up with that.



You might want to think about that.Voicing your opinion!!?
I see that you feel strongly about it, and if you feel that its not your place to speak up to his family, ask him to. Tell your boyfriend how you feel, and support him in however he chooses to handle it. Tell him you are worried because you care about him.
you sound just like my girl, she hates the way my father treats me like i dont exsist while pampering my selfish greedy brother...i thank you for having a heart like her, that man of yours has a good woman.

good luck, and just picture what life will be like together on your own..to me its like heaven =)

-AllyB
your BF is a pushover, does not know how speak up for himself. he's a nerd, or mamas boy. i would stay out of hte family meddling. let them fight. but ask your BF if he needs advice, if he says yes. than tell the old bag to ';shut up, up your nose with a rubber hose';.
WOW that sounds just like what is going on in my life Amanda never stops and if she keeps yelling and talking bad about my family i get in more trouble. I think that if you truly love him you would stop because it might be hurting him too. I wish amanda would stop because i have learned to handle it and take the crap and just wait for me to move out in june. Then she can do what ever she want about them talk about them kick their butts I dont care but for now I just wish she would know when to shut up!!!
He needs to learn to set bounderies and limitations with his family. If not, they will walk all over him every chance they get. The sooner he figures that out, the better off he will be.
i heard about this when i went to counseling. write a letter letting out all of ur feelings, and dont send it. nobody gets hurt, but u let out all of ur feelings.
In as much as you are still his girlfriend, you have no right to do that. Maybe when you are married then you have all the right to say whay you have to say, being the wife.

Meantime, work with your bf as a start. Encourage him to be strong and develop some ways to face the problem. Tell him how you feel his family is treating him.

Do it in a positive way, like dont blame him but point out what is wrong. Nor his family. Tell him the things you observed and the treatment he is getting.

Sometimes it takes others to confront us with realities of our life. Even, sometime we just need someone to be our source of strength. Be someone he can lean and use as a support. People who are abused are dependent type of people most of the time. They need people to help them out. You could be that person.

But as it is, do it in the background. But if it is not going anywhere, pray for discernment if it is time for you to be on the frontline. Remember they will be your family too in the future should you decide to marry this guy. Goodluck.
hello;

remember this!

if he is happy with your mom and u...

then who cares about the rest of the mickey mose characters.

this is not a dumb soap opera but life.. your life.

his life, moms life....MOVE ON CHANGE THE

CHANNEL. got it get it..

best
It is not coming between your boyfreind and his family to tell his mother that she is out of line when she is treating him nasty in fact she may respect and admire you for standing up for her son'. i'm a mother and i would admire my sons girlfreind if she stood up for him .although we are parents we to are not always in the right and it'is right for us to be corrected when we are in the wrong or being unfare. just as we correct our kids when they are in the wrong'we are human and all human beings make mistakes 'thats why christ was crusified wasn't it
Ask him what he thinks? He may have some feelings that you share, and that might give you the opportunity to add to what he's saying.



Your opinion is valid. And you're wise to keep quiet in the middle of family business. But maybe he's sick of it too, and you can share your observations together.



Finally, sadly, I have to ask: Is this the kind of family you want to involve yourself with? If you think that's a factor that you can ignore, trust me, you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment