Sunday, December 11, 2011

People who have no relationship with their mother...for whatever reason....?

You only get one mom. You may never meet her. You may lose her. She might be one, if not, the most important person in your life. Regardless of how she is in your life, she's in there somewhere....even if she's dead...she's in your head.

It's really hard not having a relationship with your mother. I want so badly to have a mother-daughter relationship where I could just open up to my other, trust her, come home and cry in front of her, she could give me advice, and solve any problem...make anything better. I don't and that's very hard for me. I feel like my mother is mentally ill, but my disrespect could have led to our relationship crumbling. Whatever the cause....here we are. there is no more relationship. it's really very difficult. I know I might sound selfish to someone reading this who doesn't have a mother. You might feel like I don't understand. I feel like you don't understand- the only thing worse than losing someone is sitting right next to them knowing you can't have them. So close but so far away.

How do you deal with not having a relationship with your mother?

Any personal experiences where you don't have a relationship (for whatever reason) with your mother? Please share...People who have no relationship with their mother...for whatever reason....?
I don't have a relationship with my mother either. It's not like I don't talk to her or anything but I can't tell her anything. She doesn't understand. She doesn't get me.People who have no relationship with their mother...for whatever reason....?
your mom carried you in her womb and risked her own to give you life. She cared for you as a child and she provided every need and loves you more than her own life. give her some respect.
mine died and i never met her.

if i had the chance to ask her one question it would be ';why was i born to you if you had to die so soon?';


My mom left me when I was 8 yrs. I got over it though.


My mother died. And I did have some sort of relationship with her but when I got older and realized that I was basically brainwashed by my parents I hated them. The end.
after years of not having a relationship with mum, i bit the bullet and decided to try and make up. my mum is so set in her ways that she won't change. my kids missed out on knowing their nana, our relationship is such that we make small talk, and that is about it. i know my mum is harboring some deep dark secret, but she won't confide. all i got was that the subject was never to be raised again. that is her wish, and that is how it will stay. even when she was diagnosed with breast cancer and we didn't know whether she would survive, she stayed bottled up. i have made sure that things are different with me and my kids. that is the best i could do. i had a very violent and unhappy childhood. i left home at 15. my attitude now is that i love my mother but i don't like her. sad, but i have my life to live and thats what i am doing. i pray that my kids will never think of me in that light, as it would be the death of me, but until my mother is willing to talk i can do no more. please don't judge me until you have walked in my shoes.
I was raped at a party, with drugged out people right there who didn't help me. it was humiliating for me to drag myself home and tell my mother about it. her response was to blame me. I packed my bags and moved in with my grandmother. I have not talked to my mother since. it has been 20 years. I don't need her.



just because someone gave birth doesn't make them worthy of being a mother. and it doesn't make them the kind of person you can go cry on their shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment