Sunday, December 11, 2011

My mother is the one causing a problem?

I have tried to talk to her and she still ignores me. She does not give as **** how this stuff effects me. It is a constant mind game with her. Basically if I want to have a mother, I have to deal with wanting to kill myself because of her behavior every single day. What would you do? Keep your mother. Ask people how to resolve a conflict? Or don't have a mother. You see my mother and I start getting along, she gets comfortable and cannot handle us getting along. And then she starts her crap again. And if she is not starting a fight, my step father causes problems. I have even asked her if she loves me during these times and she still ignores me. Let me remind you, this is not my fault,she is the one causing the problem. I am asking for a way to solve this problem. I am not asking who is to blame.My mother is the one causing a problem?
Remember your parents are the ones to respect. There are rules of the house and as long as you are living under the roof, you got to obey them. Just calm down and try to take things little by little. Mothers are always like that. She is doing things that you might not like and that means that she cares and loves you. Sometimes, they have a funny way of showing love. Just stay in school and love your parents until you finish high school. Then, you will be in college and have more freedom. One day, when you are older and wiser, you will look back and realize that you would not be there without your parents. You will realize that you have two very important people in your life who you want to thank, your mom and dad.My mother is the one causing a problem?
Wait until you're 19, you'll grow out of it.
well teoll her how u feel mine does the same thing to me
until you pay a bill in the household, bite your tongue, and realize ALL that they provide for you. If she starts a fight, simply tell her I am not arguing with you, and remove yourself from the room/situation. Try not to kill yourself, I'm sure that you'll agree in a few years.
If your mother is like that then why do you bother asking her if she loves you or having a deep relationship with her?



Stop being so damn dramatic. Suicide is never justified. Just deal with it. Nobody's life is all sunshine and rainbows.
pray is good. Try it
When she starts ';her crap'; again, ask her why. Tell her how you feel about it.
can you say dr. phill?



no affence but hes a smart cookie



couniling is a wonderful thing-

and by being a random person attempting to answer;

i say COUNCLING IS THE KEY!

-best of luck-

and trying something never hurt anyone
Some people don't have mothers, consider yourself blessed. AND, it's a great point. You are 19, that's what happens when you're that age.
Wow this sounds EXACTLY like what i was/still am kinda going through. My mom didnt take care of me. She was on drugs and I was adopted by my grandma.(My mom came around from time to time whenever she was not in rehab) Now that I am an adult I am trying to get to know her a little better, and she doesnt really pay me any attention. She is a huge liar also. She is very two faced too. Listen your mom is stuck in her ways. DOnt let it bother you. I used to always say how can they teach you to Honor thy mother and father, when they seem not to give a damn about you. I came to the conclusion that you must honor them even in their faults, because you will be rewarded and they will get what is coming to them for what they have done to you.
Sounds like your mom needs therapy. Maybe there was something in her past that makes her not want to deal with/reslove problems. Don't kill yourself because of someone's actions, it's her problem not yours and until she gets it resolved, she'll be miserable forever. Find yourself an activity or hobby that takes up your time, the less you focus on things you have no control of, the happier you'll find yourself.
my mom once told me she made a mistake by having me as a child. we fought ever since and now that i am out of the house and living my own life i understand that parents get annoyed easily and sometimes just want to do their own things without children.

have patience.
If your mum wont listen to you and you dont have a close friend you can confide in then you should think about seeing a councillor. It wont change the situation with your mum but it'll help you handle it a bit better.Sometimes talking to someone who isn't emotionally attached to a situation helps.
your mother has more problems than can be solved on line, her and step-dad need family counseling, you need to find help for you if they will not get help! child and family services will help, this is a big step but better than self-sacrifice.
well there really isn't an answer 4 that kind of problem have u done some-in in the past.And she cannot let go of it.And i am not blaming u but just t8lk 2 her.And maybe she is upset about something.REMEMBER THINK POSITIVE
Before I answer this question I need to know if you have a younger or older sibling. I so, when your mother starts this you should just walk away and talk to your sibling or maybe even your father. You should tell them how you feel and I am positive they will understand because maybe they feel the same way but are just to afraid to show it.
There are always two sides to a story. I really can't believe that you never do anything and she's always the one causing problems. I think that sometimes you can't control people and how they think, but what you can do is get away from all that negative behavior. Go out places, go with your friends somewhere do something else besides staying in that house. The only thing that matters is that God loves you and that's all you need.
Everyone at your age hates their mothers... reason because woman have a hard time getting along in the first place... second of all I have always hated my mother since I was 5 but tried hard to gain her love.... to no avail.. I just prayed that I would make it through the time and tired to do my best to get a long with her until I was old enough to leave her household I ended up moving with my real father which ... was a way worse sitution then the one I was in with my mother and step father..... once you get to the age where you can move out on your own it will be easier to get along with your mother granted I am not saying you will never fight but.. also consider where your mother came from her backgrond in her childhood more or less I bet anything the way you and your mother are... her mother and her were alot worse but in a similiar sitution... Granted I have two wonderful daughters myself now.. I have broke the chain in my family I do not do the things my mother did to me to them... which I thank god for ... My oldest and I get along for the most part but I to feel our relationship needs work in the communication department.... as she and I do have virbal fights... but then we make up and hug and get along there after.. it takes effort on both sides to make a relationship work... no matter what the relationship is.... mother daughter father son,,, boyfriend girlfriend..... etc: but you have to bet her one to remind her to... tell her how you feel... tell her that you love her.... open up to your mother... and I will pray she will do the same for you.... what ever you do..... do not provoke her..... it will only be worse for you in the end. if nothing else... go talk to someone you can trust that won't judge you or your family... that is hard to do yes... but maybe just getting it out there and having it off your chest will help you .
it sounds like you both need to go into family councling she needs it to find out why she is so miserable your step father is only doing what he thinks is best he is coming to her defience he thinks he is doing the right thing he is as Dr. Phil would say inabling her to act the way she does no one is blameless in this you must be like 17 or 18 and you are not realy to move out yet , it does get better i lived with a mother that was a me all about me person if it was not her way she would start things and i lived with her and my step father till i was 23. I got preg, married and moved out getting preg is not an answer but in our case now she is the best granny i can say I love her but i also had to move away from her for her to respect me as a daughter, mother and a person, my husband and I did the whole fight thing with her and at home we would fight he went into the military and i moved 3500 miles away now we get along fine so if you dont get councling for y ou both then you will have to wait pray and when you are ready move out , it always works later than when you want it sorry if this didnt help but some times it just takes time .
I have the exact same problem. My mum seems to be the type of person who can't be happy. I came to realise my mum has a paranoia problem which she knows of herself and wont seek out help or advice of any kind. If something is going right she finds a problem with it and blows it out of proportion. I experienced and so did my brother. But at the same time I cause some of those problems. She needed some one to talk to (that my not help if your mum is ignoring you) but I couldn't coup with listening to how my dad is an ******** etc.

It caused so many problems that I've moved home three times and extended my voluntary work in Africa. This being here I come to realise since being out here that I'm experiencing similar sings of paranoia.

I can't give you any advice because everything I tried to help the relationship between me and my mum failed after a week.

What ever your mums problem is don't let it affect you too much?
Please ignore the comments from the ';holier than thou'; adults who have chosen to treat you like a dumb kid in their answers.

I understand where you are coming from.

You are undergoing abuse. Abuse comes in all forms. The most common abuse is mental, emotional and psychological. Not all abuse leaves physical scars.

Do you have a trusted relative you can stay with? Is there a youth helpline you can ring for advice?

Just don't run away from home, trust me, it's better to do your research first into what your options are. Living on the street should never be one of them.
I feel for your frustration. Some people will never have a good bond with their Mother. You have to keep inmind that your Mom as her own demans and chalanges to over come. Some thing in her young life effected her to act this way. What is her age, mabe health, problems with your step Dad or just not capable of expressing her self. Your Mom is not going to change, you need to find away to get along with her, try to focus on other relation ships you have with people and get some distance from your Mother.
  • pc or mac
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment