Sunday, December 11, 2011

Is it haram to celebrate mother's day?

Ok, I know mother's day is not islamic holiday, but is it haram to celebrate it anyways?



I believe that you should celebrate or love your mother every single day allah granted you to live on this earth, but why people make such big deal on only May 10?



Also, my mother keeps bringing up how sunday is mother's day and all of her friends are celebrating with their kids (non muslim friends), does this mean she's giving me hints to celebrate with her? Should I get her gift?Is it haram to celebrate mother's day?
I dont think it would be haram but the salafi scholars would disagree saying that it is imitating the kaffirs.



But I beleive that for a Muslim, everyday should be mothers day.



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…Is it haram to celebrate mother's day?
We should not get wrapped into these things. Why reserve one day to celebrate your mother. Respect her every day of the year. Salam.
No I don't think it's haram...celebrating Christmas is haram though. I don;t see how Mothers Day is wrong, because it's not a relegious holiday or anything.
Everyday is mothers day.



Heaven is locked under mamas feet after all.
lol

yeah ur mums hinting



its halal to celebrate mothers day

i even asked my husband he looked at me like iwas crazy and he said you get massive reward for that

but he says its best not to actually celebrate it on the kaffir's special day



like i turned 17 on the 4th may but we didnt do nything except till yesterday

cuz its copying the kaffir by celebrating my birthday on my birthday
wow who do yall think you are? you think everything the ''kaffir'' does is evil? well my god its lucky we arent copying the muslim or there'd be bombs and shootings everywhere on earth!
AISHA--you say you're an alima masha Allah...can you please present your proof?



The prophet (saw) said we have TWO holidays. Eid al Adha %26amp; Eid al Fitr.



There are no celebrations in Islaam except Friday the weekly ‘Eid, the first day of Shawwal – ’Eidal-Adha. The day of ’Arafah might be called an ‘Eid for those who are at ’Arafah on that day, and the days of Tashreeq, following ’Eidul-Adha.



As for birthday celebrations for a person or his children, or wedding anniversaries or the like, none of them are legislated and they are closer to being innovations than to being allowed.



Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen

Fatawa Arkanul-Islaam, DARUSSALAM, p265
Blessings to me you can celebrate Mother's Day every day in your heart by just telling your Mom how much you care and Love her..... I am a Panamenian we celebrate our Mother's day on December the 8 and since I am away from my mom and most of my family i call my mom each day and sent her some love, So maybe you can just tell her you love her for all of the things she did or are still doing for you and your........ Nice Question I like it... Take care.
no
Salam for you. There are 2 opinions about celebrating the birth day in Islam (1) Celebrating the birthday of anything is haram because it is bid'ah that during the era of Muhammad pbuh there is celebration about

that although its condition existed Bid'ah is good doing which could not be accepted by Allah and the related person will have sin. (2).There is no prohibition of celebrating birth day in the Qur'an and in the hadith so it is halal or allowed in Islam as long as that we do not worship the related person whose birthday is celebrated. and we just only reminding his/her good deeds and we want to follow him or her.as a good muslim.

Which one you will choose it is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment