Sunday, December 11, 2011

My parents are always arguing. Should I just ignore it?

My parents are always arguing. Some times it's about my grades or that I'm fat or how much money we have. My mum often throws stuff around and a few times they have hit my dad. My dad says to be and my sister that he hates our mum because she is blaming him and other things which I am not putting on here. My dad says that it's because of us he's not divorced my mum because he believes that me and my sister should have a mother figure and he is ';grossed out by periods so your mother should deal with it'; (his words no mine). My mother is nasty to be and my sister as well but if we try to mention it he goes ';You think its bad for you, you should hear what she says to me'; my mum hits us and call us etc. I'm feeling guilty about it as it's for us my dad is unhappy by living with our mum. My dad takes me and my sister away some week-end to be away from our mum and he is buying a house a long way from where we live and is going about putting furniture in it etc. that my mum doesn't know about. Should I just ignore it? I tried to talk to some-one at school but they just called home and it made the situation worse. I self-harm and this is a big part of the reason why (though I belive there to be other causes contribuiting). ThanksMy parents are always arguing. Should I just ignore it?
I really feel for you! It sounds like you and your sister are copping all the crap because your irresponsible parents are not able to communicate honesty to each other. You have been caught in the middle of this situation and unfortunately they are so absorbed in their own feelings that they can not see how much this is affecting and hurting you.



As far as your father expressing his dislike for your mum to you but don't having to guts to be honest to her has put you in awkward position, I would suggest that you call the helpline below as they are free counseling and offer professional advise to any one of any age with any problem.



Lifeline: 131114



please call them as there is no need to go through this with out help.



Be nice to your self, you don't deserve to be mistreated or mistreat yourself, you are a beautiful humane being just trying to find the answers in a difficult situation. Don't be so hard on yourself!

Take care :)My parents are always arguing. Should I just ignore it?
you could try to.but it may not help
How old are you?

There is a book out there that I just read called ';A child called it'; that I think you should get from a library or a bookstore, it's VERY disturbing, but a good book on child abuse.............this child went through the same thing with people calling home and it had a positive end (well, sort of).

I think your mom needs some help. Getting away with your dad would be the best, but please do read this book, it shows how spouses can sometimes be spellbound by the spouse's wishes.........

No comments:

Post a Comment