Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do you deal with keeping your relationship in the closet?

All of my peers and friends know that I'm openly bisexual my mother doesn't know because I don't want her to cut me off financially cuz I'm 17 but anyways



I'm in a relationship with a girl and we've been dating for almost 5 months she's gay and still in the closet and our relationship well we've been keeping that in the closet too. She has her reasons and I'm fully supportive of her everyone needs to come out in their own time without pressure.



But my question is has this ever happened to you ?? How did you deal ? Sometimes its frustrating you know







Something to add is that in august we're both going away to college (the same college) and she said in college she wont have a problem being open about it so if we stay together until then thats something to look forward to in the future.How do you deal with keeping your relationship in the closet?
Bit of a useless answer but I love the question.



Yet I have heard that some people find it hard, as in essence, they feel they are returning back into the closet.



But tbh if your young and in love, it must be a small problem. I know I wouldn't care in the short run but maybe in the long run I would. So her acceptance in college is something to look forward to I would say in my opinion.How do you deal with keeping your relationship in the closet?
My gf and I are able to support ourselves completely, and yet she is in the closet. It is hard at times to be secretive, but I know one day things will be different. I love her, so it's not all that hard to do something like that for her.
I haven't been in a relationship yet but, if I'm ever in one I'm sure it would be a secret to everyone else except close friends since my friends know that I'm gay.



I can imagine this would be difficult for the both of you. The only thing that I would suggest for your gf is to come out once she goes to college like you said she plans to.



As for you I would say that you come out about your relationship when you have your own money so your mom won't cut you off when you really need it.
i understand about not able to come out.. im bi and i can't either i have a gf that im moving in with soon but my mom just thinks were Friends. and its sad to know you can't turn to the ones who gave you birth you know??.



i would try to deal with it the best way you can and like one of my Friends said somethings are just best left unsaid but then Again its hard to not say anything when you really just want tell everyone your really in love with that might be Special someone...





best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment