Sunday, December 11, 2011

QUESTION CONTINUED...How do you deal with a mother-in-law who thinks she knows better than you about your baby

Also, when I leave my baby for my mother-in-law to babysit for a couple of hours, she always spits up a lot when I bring her home. I had made a decision that I didn't want her too babysit my child anymore, but my husband got offended and mad at me. We always end up arguing because of that. This is very unfair. Was I wrong for making that decision?QUESTION CONTINUED...How do you deal with a mother-in-law who thinks she knows better than you about your baby
Are you sure you are not just sore because your mother in law is having a blast with the child you birthed?



Like it or not she is your husbands mother and you need to learn how to deal with it.



If she spits up when you get her ask your mother in law what she is doing. Instead of accusing her or telling her she is wrong when i'm sure she knows things about babies you don't being hers are grown and yours is not simply say something like...



I know you are really good with kids and I greatly appreciate how much you are helping us and love ......but I have found that the best way to do this with her is.....I know you know a lot about kids so I don't have to tell you how different they all are (and smile make light almost like a joke to flatter) but this is just how she is. She must have gotten it from me.



And you will be surprised how she most likely will turn around but in the meantime dont' be so harsh. It's just spit up. Is he harming your baby? Does the baby come home rashed or bruised? Does she come home neglelted or straving?



Rather you like it or not this child is your husbands too and he gets a say. How would you like it when your child grows up and gets married and thier spouse doesn't like you are how do you things and says no more seeing grandma. I'm sure you hurt her and your husband greatly.QUESTION CONTINUED...How do you deal with a mother-in-law who thinks she knows better than you about your baby
you listen to her advice but you do what you THINK is BEST
If the baby is spitting up after coming home from your in-laws it could be because of too much stress and over stimulation.

My son got that way every Christmas the past two years when he was over my parents and my in-laws.

You made a good decision and it will take time for your husband to understand your point of view. Is there someone he can talk to about it that has the same mindset as you? That may help sway him.

Keep up the good work mom!
NO! Your child's welfare comes first! Try talking to your husband calmly at a time when you do not need a babysitter (so it will be less emotional) and just state your concerns. Remind him that your child's well being needs to come before his mother's hurt feelings. And that she could avoid her own hurt feelings by just respecting the guidelines you have established as to how to care for your daughter!

In-laws, uhg!
You and your husband must talk about this situation together and then sit down with your mother-in-law and tell her you appreciate her help, but need her feed your daughter only what the pediatrician says she should eat now. Explain about her spitting up, lactose intolerance, etc.. Good luck, honey!
Absolutely not. your child's well-being should come first. your husband needs to understand that he should be concerned about his child and not how his mother feels. If she is doing something wrong, talk to her about it. My mother in-law gave my 3 month old son chocolate ice cream when he had phenomonia and believe me, I told her how it was and didn't bring him around her for awhile... Talk with your husband, calmly, tell him how you feel, sit down with the mother in-law, get her side, then make your decision.
  • how to gridview
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment