Sunday, December 11, 2011

Husband is deployed and my mother feels like she is loosing her best friend?

I got married 2 days before my man got deployed. My parents were in a different state so they could not attend. It was a fast decision and we wanted to get married before he left. My mother is dealing with this extremely hard. She doesn't know my husband that well and she feels like she is loosing me to a stranger. How can you explain a deployment to your mother? How can you explain something that can only Truly be understood by the one that deals with it each day? I feel stretched as it is with work, school and now a mother that wants to break up a marriage.Husband is deployed and my mother feels like she is loosing her best friend?
Explain to her that this is the man you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with, and that you need her support of your decision. She will create a lot of stress and tension for you if she does not. Deployments are hard on both the servicemember and the one left at home; her lack of support makes it even worse.



I had a similar situation when I married interracially. My father was very opposed to it at first, but over the last year came to understand that it was my decision, not his, and he could either accept her as my wife or risk losing me as his son.Husband is deployed and my mother feels like she is loosing her best friend?
If you and your mother have been close throughout, then she's feel particularly hurt by you getting married without her being present. You can explain to her that it was a spur of the moment thing, and possibly have some sort of a gathering, family party or something upon your husband return. That way he can meet the family and they can get to know him better.

No comments:

Post a Comment