Sunday, December 11, 2011

Moms How do you deal with leaving your newborn?

On Sunday Me and hubby are going to New York for a well deserved Baby break as my SIL says. Her and her husband gave us two tickets as our christmas present .My thing Is my son is only 6 weeks old and I do not want to leave him ! For the whole six weeks of his existence I have not left him ! How do you deal with it ?? I do not want to be the freaky mother who calls every ten minutes but I think I will go insane ! I can't really say no so its like I haave to go :-(





Also , What should I pack for him ??? He will only be there for one day and one night . (Sunday we will drop him off at around 2:00pm then we will pick him up at 9:00 Am Monday %26gt;) My sister in law has a ten month old baby so she knows what to do but I am stuck as to what to bring ?? I am breast feeding (I pump to ) .





Thanks mommies !Moms How do you deal with leaving your newborn?
I first thought you were going away for a week or so...but for over night...I have done this. My SIL took my 3 week old son over night because I was suffering with migraines and my husband was working and couldn't look after him while I slept(I was quite ill so it wasn't a vacation, but still not easy). She took him from about 6pm until 11am the next morning.

All we packed was diapers, a few changes of clothing, his favorite(or most comfortable) blankets and formula since we were not breast feeding.

For just an over night stay I would pack the way we did. A few changes of clothing, lots of diapers/wipes/cream and pumped BM. Just think of what you would normally be using in those hours, and pack it.

I called my SIL in the middle of the night, and the next morning after I woke up to see how things were. She had raised 3 kids of her own, so I trusted her with my son. Try not to worry, sometimes us mommies just need a break, no matter what the break is.



Edit: for a true break, send along all your son's laundry to be washed...lol My SIL used to come by, pick up our clothing for us and wash it, fold it and bring it back(only in the beginning) because we lived in an apartment building and had to pay for it.Moms How do you deal with leaving your newborn?
at only 6weeks she already thinks you need a break? is your baby that hard work? i don't mean it badly i just mean does he cry a lot etc... my niece cried a LOT during her first 3weeks and my sister found it VERY hard to cope so i understand. just if the baby is a good one, 6weeks is very early to take a break and i can so see why you don't want to go. i would hate to leave him so young. they really should have asked you first i mean its a nice gesture but you are leaving your child here and if your not ready you should not feel ';forced to'; i would gently tell her that she can have the tickets and you will take care of her baby, because your just not ready.

however if you want to go on some level, then just do your best to ';forget'; about calling every 10mins because you wont enjoy your trip that way. just pack everything he uses in a day normally and some extra, pump the normal amount of feed he has then some extra.

good luck
  • remove xp antivirus
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment