Thursday, October 28, 2010

Breaking ties with your mother! If information exchanged between your mom and you about your life is finding?

its way to relatives whom you strongly feel should not know the information ( like your ex), how easily would you break ties with your mom.



Morevoer how would you deal with a situation were you are keeping in touch with your mom, but you inevitably have to keep in touch with other members of your family because she forces you to by for example handing the phone to them to speak to you when you call her?Breaking ties with your mother! If information exchanged between your mom and you about your life is finding?
Reading through some of your postings. I'd caution you to consider where breaking these ties might leave you. You've mentioned issues in your marriage and should consider all the possibilities in your life. Family is supposed to provide us love, support and a soft safe place when it's needed. Not every family is capable of this or even close, but they are ours. Keep in touch with your mom, be open an honest with her about your need to get some separation from others in the family for now (especially your ex). Let her know that you need her and want to speak with her regularly, but need to know that your not going to be ambushed when you call. When she does do this, politely say hello and that unfortunately you have to go, then say goodbye to those you don't wish to speak to.Breaking ties with your mother! If information exchanged between your mom and you about your life is finding?
me?



i'd go for counselling.... For Myself

( seriously)

to enable me to learn how to say NO



find local counsellers

and learn how to be your own person



it might cost money

but you will gain sooooooooo much from it

that you'll wonder how you managed before



you can't change anyone else

no one wants to know what we think about others anyway

so

the only option left, is to learn to change ourselves



Go for it.

I promise you won't regret it!
im in my 40's. when i was married to my first wife i was miserable for years and told my mother about it. eventually, after some more years, i fell in love with another woman that became my second wife and we are as happy as we can be. just look at my answers that involve that. whle we were during that situation, without me knowing, my wife went to my mother to cry on her shoulder. i called my mom a few days later to tell her that i was processing a divorce. she jumped on my case about it telling me that she knew why. we got into an argument, because i had already told her years ago how i felt. however, when the time came for me to do something about it she took her side. that was the end of our close relationship. by that time she and who became my ex wife were close. she couldnt accept the fact that i was a grown man capable of making my own decisions. in short, if i was in your situation i would do exactly the same thing i do now, i call her every so often, but dont share anything really personal. conversations are kept at a superficial level



good luck
You need to confront Mom and make it clear how you feel about information told in private conversations is coming back to you via other relatives. There is such a thing as loyalty and if she has none towards you then why should you have any toward her. Tell her and give her one last chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment