Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you deal with your elderly mother when she is angry with you?

There was a miscommunication tonight and an errand that my mother wanted done didn't get done. We are always dependable, and have done a million and one things for her, but she is angry beyond words because we messed up this one time. She has always had a very bad temper when things don't go her way, so this has nothing to do with her age.How do you deal with your elderly mother when she is angry with you?
Tell her to get her panties out of her a**.How do you deal with your elderly mother when she is angry with you?
I think that you are in need of support as you sound as you are suffering from depression brought on by suppression.

Report Abuse


Put her in the closet until she behaves.....



if that doesn't work, try being patient...you were not picnic at the beach when you were a baby either...
I would pray for her, she is getting old so life probably sucks for her! :) Hope this works it normally does for me! And also be nice to her, if you already are then try the tip I just told you! Pray Pray Pray!

And praying can help you with a lot of things, try it! :)
You made a mistake and it happens.

If your grandmother has a bitter temper to the world and is taking it out on you, it's mis-directed anger, she's just using the mistake to vent some frustration out that probably have nothing to do with you.



She has no right to make you feel bad for an honest mistake and if she is, I would tell her how her comments hurt you. If she choose to continue on after you tell her, just remove yourself from the situation. You can't stop her ways, she has to do it herself so either avoid her or sternly tell her to stop next time she upsets you.
I used to love old people because they're so smart, which, I still kind of do, but now not as much. Why? Because they do nothing but nag about how my skirts are too short (when they're not haha).
I'm getting on in years myself and I often see my generation using their age as an excuse to be obnoxious to all who cross their path. I have to say that I find this type of behaviour disconcerting.



However, could there be an underlying medical condition such as the onset of dementia which can cause personality disorders. Often the person concerned has no idea that they are behaving out of character.



If your convinced that this does no apply to your Gmother there is no harm in talking to her Man to man so to speak that you are finding it very hard to live up to her expectation all the time and that you have a life of your own to lead. Would she not like to join some group of like minded people so that she can get out and about and perhaps broaden her horizons.



It does not mean that she has to stop helping herself especially if she is in full command of her faculties/ Tell her live her life to full and that she needs to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment