Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you deal with your overbearing mother?

I will start out with saying I love my mom and most of the time I know she loves me. I am the oldest of 4 (2 younger brothers and a younger sister) and she constantly picks on me or what I do.



I moved out to live on my own and she didn't talk to me for almost 4 months. I had to return home due to health problems and was for the most part welcomed happily. She always complains about my clothes (which I find very ironic as she bought alot of the ones she complains about and when I don't wear them asks me why I don't) and no matter what I do it never seems good enough. I got 93% on an exam and she starts commenting oh you could have done so much better your brother got 98% on his last exam (keep in mind I am in university and he is still in high school). Two comments that really hurt me were 1 when my sister and I were standing in the bathroom doing our hair my mom comes in and says to me how much prettier my sister is than me and why can't I look more like her and then this morning we were talking and looking at old photos and she says my younger children are so cute I just don't know where you went wrong.



I am frequently told by everyone BUT her that I am pretty and my marks have never been poor. I have talked to her about how her comments make me feel before and nothing has changed and quite frankly I am sick of it. I just don't know what else to do. I can't move out again at the moment due to my health issue but am going to at the first opportunity I get.



Any suggestions on how to deal with her?How do you deal with your overbearing mother?
hook up with the guy who's looking for the under $200 snipers rifle. . .How do you deal with your overbearing mother?
Apart from avoidance not much u can do. Sorry to say but your mother sounds like a nasty piece of work. U could try to hang around positive people and keep yourself positive. Remember these issues r not yours they r your mothers, don't take her baggage on by feeling bad about wat she is saying. Your friends have told u that u r pretty believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment