Thursday, October 28, 2010

Has anyone on this board been abandoned by your mother/father?? How do you deal with it?

Ok, I was abandoned by both. Thought I was over it but lately its been eating me up. My blood family isnt any support at all. But I do have great people in my life that try to provide some help but its hard when you really dont knw what the person is going through 1st handHas anyone on this board been abandoned by your mother/father?? How do you deal with it?
my parents divorced when I was 11 years old, I'm now 36 and I haven't seem my father in 25 years. When I needed him most he was never there he was too wrapped up with his new family. He has missed out on college graduation, birth of my son and marriage to my husband not to mention I needed him to tell me the important things about guys!!! I had to learn the hard way! Over time I have tried to get over it I just try to put it out of my mind. There are some days that I find myself wondering what it would be like to have had him in my life; but I keep in mind that it was his choice to not only divorce my mom but to divorce his children as well. We all make our choices!!!Has anyone on this board been abandoned by your mother/father?? How do you deal with it?
Pretty uch my father never was a part of my life, my mom and him divorced when i was 1 year old. I havent thought much about it. My mother is awesome. Now my father is trying to be a part of my life, i talk to him on the phone and have visited him, but there just isnt much there. I am happy though.
I was abandoned by my father and that forced myself, my mother and my sister to live on welfare in live in one of the worst parts of Boston. I did alot of bad stuff dealing drugs to get my mom money among other things and then became estranged from my mother. I was living on the streets when I was 14. The one thing I understand to this day though is you cant replace time you have lost you can only make your life better and move on. You need to do this. I think about what could have been all the time and then I realize what could have been means I wouldnt be where iam now which iam proud of. I sympathize with you because no one will ever give you a fair shake , not even family and I know that but you need to roll with the punches and try and take life in stride. If I can do it then you can also.

No comments:

Post a Comment