Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to get use to the idea of your parents have girlfriend/boyfriend?

I am 27 yrs old and I am wondering how anyone deal with your mothers or fathers have boyfriend/girlfriend.



I just returned home after 6 months living in kentucky and my father and I just turning against eachother because of his rumor spread around and caused his family gained on me. and only person who believed me and stand behind me 100% is my mother.



With my mother, she had been divorced since I was three but she stayed with my father until recently she told him that she can't be with him because of his behavior and she didn't want any men until she met a new guy in her life. I am happy that she is happy again.



For me, I am glad that someone treat her right and they are together since two weeks now... I like him because he is cool..

She have my approval and I want to see her happpy



And is it normal for some parents ask their childern for their approval of who they are dating or what?How to get use to the idea of your parents have girlfriend/boyfriend?
yeah. it's ok. but not alot of parents would do that. you should consider urself lucky because of the following reasons...

1)my mom would never talk to me about that kind of stuff so i would go ask my dad.

2)she cares about u and ur feelings

3)she even tells u that she's going out with someone. yeah, her boyfriend was married the first 4 months in their relationship but she never told me. that set me off flying when i read an email that she sent to him and saved it on microsoft word. who in the world saves they're email on word when everyone in the house shares the same computer??? well, there i found out that she had been kissing and sleeping with him. =P BLECK! honestly she wonders y i never talk to her and am always mad at her. my dad is the only one that i can legaly run to.How to get use to the idea of your parents have girlfriend/boyfriend?
I think its perfectly normal, I think its actually smarter to do that becaue at that point the parent is letting the child know that at the end of the day they come before and girlfriend or boyfriend. If they have a genuinely valid reason to not approve of the person their parent is dating such as they really aren't comfortable around them then the parent might want to step back and see why that is and see that if it is something they can work on. If the child is very young and simply isn't ready yet to see mom and dad being romantic with other people than the new person should be introduced very slowly so the child sees that you will give them time to adjust to the change.
asking Ur children for their approval.. is like asking Ur parents when u are 17 if they approve of Ur bf/gf???



No.. it is not the normal.. even tho' kids are a good at picking the right person for their parent..



glad u are adjusting.. and be happy with her..

good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment