Thursday, October 21, 2010

How can you help your mother deal with rape?

Please help me!

My mom was raped 2 days ago but she just told me about it. She was crying so hard when she told me... I actually cried with her :(

She told my father (They are divorced) about everything and he said that we have to go to the police but my mom doesn't want to go.

So, is there anything else i can do that would really help her?

Please... anything would be greatly appreciated.How can you help your mother deal with rape?
There are classes that talk about this go to one of them it really helps good luckHow can you help your mother deal with rape?
Get the guy beaten up by hired goons? (since you're a girl, I assume.)
I so sorry that your mother was raped. Call the National Rape Hot line and ask your

mother to talk to them. If she will report the rape the police will hopefully find the creep

who hurt her and stop him from hurting another woman. If there are some relatives you can talk to who would be willing to help then call them. This rape was not your mother's fault. She also needs to get to a doctor right away.

http://www.rainn.org

http://apps.rainn.org/ohl-bridge/

Here are two web sites that will help you help your mother.
Don't push her on anything. Just let her take her time. But in that keep bringing up the fact that the longer she waits the harder it will be to find the person if she doesn't know who it is and if she does than again the longer she waits the harder it will be to put him in jail. If she is determined not to go to the cops then just be there for her and help her through it the best you can. There isn't actually anything you can ';do';. Just be there for her as much as you can and do whatever she asks you about the situation....I know what your going through I was in a similar situation...it's a very hard thing to deal with because it feels like you lose all control. So again do whatever she needs you too. And if you think she is in danger or theirs a chance he could do it again or anything that makes you feel funny don't hesitate to call the cops and tell them what happened yeah she may be mad at first but you will be alot angrier with yourself if something happens and you didn't do anything to help. I hope this helps you some...and I'm so sorry that your going through this. I wish i could help you more.
There isn't anything you can do. Its still quite new and painful and there are too many emotions swirling around for you to do anything constructive about besides calling a rape center and asking them.

See if you can get your mom to call them, they aren't the cops and they do help quite a bit.



This is too big a thing for a young person to help with, in fact you may need some help dealing with it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment