Thursday, October 28, 2010

How Do you Deal with the Death of your Mother?

I grew up in a Religious Family. I was the Only Child. My Mom and Dad and I are very close.



Mom Worked in a Hospital, and Volunteered her time as a Fireman on the Side. She was always Helping other People

She Was a Wonderful Faithful Mother as well as a Great

Wife and Companion for Dad



She Fell ill with a Rare Blood Disease called TTP

and with in 7 Days Passsed Away despite all our efforts

to save her.



After She passed Away, I have had Very Comforting Dreams about her life, and I have had visions of her in Heaven.

I know with out a shadow of a Doubt that she is in Heaven

but I still Feel a Great loss



In Police Work I experienced Death almost Everyday

However, this death really took me by surprise.



Can anyone give me any tips on how to cope with this Great Loss that me and My Father Suffered?





I am only 35 and Still single, and Mom Died at a Young age of 55



Please let me knowHow Do you Deal with the Death of your Mother?
My mom had the same problem. She's 35, I'm 15.

She's a police officer too.

Her mom just died not too long ago.

Best thing to NOT do:

Don't commit suicide. or attempt.

That's what she did.

And now she's lost her job. She has a new one now, but not the best idea.

I'm not the biggest religious person, but everyone needs to know:

There's a reason for it.

God maybe wanted you to be stronger for some kind of 'mission' he needs you for.

And if your distracted by these things, and lose hope, you can't complete the mission.

God loves you, me, All of us.

It's just wether or not you love him back enough to endure everything he, or anyone else throws at you.

As for the dreams..Seeing such wonderful things. It might mean something.

You never know.

..I don't know if I helped much.

I'm kinda in a...Depression mood myself.

But it's all good in time.

^^How Do you Deal with the Death of your Mother?
TALK AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. get help! talk to your family and friends, talk with HER friends who worked with her every day. PEACE.
I dont have any tips except to share your feelings with your father, and be happy that she knew you loved her.
Join a support group..........being with others and sharing your grief will make it a little easier......
My dear: no one ever gets over the death of their mom, time just moves on. I'm sure your mon would want you to move on. Keep praying!
My condolences.



A quick and very helpful read is ';How to Survive the Loss of a Love';. It applies to not only spouses, but the death of any close family member or friend.
ooooooo!! i almost had goosebumps reading this becuase right now im ALWAYS worried something will happen to my parents especially mom, thats a problem im trying to get over, and based on your belief i believe your mom is in heavy too, at least you know she will never be hurt again, she can eat anything she wants without getting full without choking without gaining weight, shes probably running around having so much fun then anybody can imagine. just try to remind yourself that shes better off with God instead of on this dangerous miserable hating waraholic sickness global warming world, shes away from all that.



you say youre 35, youll see her again, in like 70 to 80 years lol. but i know its easier said then done, just pray that God will heal you, i read a verse that says hes closer to the brokenhearted ones.
aww. sympathy to you. %26lt;333 ill prayer for your family. %26lt;333



write down the memories of her! dont ever lose the paper/book. have it laminated. trust me. remember her smell. if you want.. keep her perfume. keep videos and things of her to see her smile. dont ever forget her. you can never think of the negatives. she was a good person. family %26amp;%26amp; friends should help out! i really do pray for you. think your the only one going through hell??



there was a family of 3 girls... and a SINGLE mother in my school. the oldest of 20 yrs, the middle was in 10th grade and the other was in my grade [[ 9th ]]. ... the oldest and the middle one got in a car crash (( their only car )) and it wasnt either of them driving. they were GOING TO SCHOOl. the engine went into the oldest of all 3 girls. she died and the other was in the hospital but she survived. y0u are going through hell... but damn atleast you knew it was coming :[ pray for them. %26lt;3333 i really am sorry for your loss.
You have my deepest sympathy. I haven't experienced a loss such as yours; however, being forty-three and living with my mom who is sixty three----I find that I get depressed just thinking about losing her as I know someday I will.

I doubt there's a magic word or advice to be given except to cherish all those special memories you had with her and keep her alive by talking about her and to her. I wish you well.
you will feel great grief for a while sounds like your mother was an angel. just by remembering all the good times you had with your mum and talking to friends and or family about it you will eventually start to feel better your just going through the motions of grieving just remember your mum may be gone in body but she'll always be watching over you and your dad and will be there with you always.
there is no secret to dealing with a loss through death. Time will lesson the pain, but the memory will not go away.



Best to talk, remember and sort through the emotions, and pain- full feelings. Sometimes in groups, sometimes one on one, sometimes alone, possibility through writings. She sounds like she had many people who valued her. Know that all those fond precious memories are out there, along with your own.



Slowly make changes to continue your life. The best way to deal with her loss is to make sure you continue living and doing good, a tribute to her life that she led.



I am very sorry for your loss.
its very hard when you lose someone so dear, but in time it will get better try to think of the best times and be positive god love you we all feel for you so don't think your alone

RyanX
Dealing with this kind of problems

is not easy, special when it has to do with very

close amily members or friends.

To me, your mom seemed to be a very wonderfull

woman, full of life and very caring.

But as all we know, death comes at unexpected moments

and all of the sudden what seemed color turns into black and white.

But you know, you need to be strong, cause maybe your mom is watching you from heaven and doesn't want you to suffer no more for her, but still remember her and no matter what, still be the same person you were before the loss.

You are still young, and you should be happy that your mother didn't suffer the loss of her only child, as many moms do everyday, for ANY mother, the worst that could happen to them is dying when their children is young and still have alot to experience.

I know it's pretty painful at the start, but you need to recover your heart, i know that those wounds will not heal so fast, still they will heal, and somehow at that very moment you will feel

as you did before.

Take care.
My dear, I am very sorry for your loss.



It is good that you come from a religious family. It helps to remember that God in His infinite Wisdom will arrange our lives in the best way, better than anything we would want for ourselves or our loved ones. Its good that you have had comforting dreams of your mother, and perhaps it would also help your father if you share those dreams with him.



We cannot avoid feeling a great loss after having someone with us for 35 years. In this instance, time is the greatest healer. Do not try to forget your mother. However, do not force yourself to remember either. She has been with you for so long, it would be impossible to forget. Do all the things in life, remembering that your mother would not want you to wallow in grief or cut yourself away from life or change in any way from the kind of person that she has brought you up to be, the kind of person that she saw growing in front of her eyes until the day she died.



Live your life with joy, knowing that she has helped you to become the person that you are now. Your mother is a part of you, and lives on through you. If you have children, then your mother will continue living on through the values that you teach your children to uphold.



It will also help if you do not isolate yourself from others, especially during the times when you feel saddest. Do not remove yourself from the community, friends or other relations that you have around you. You did not tell me what religion you are, so I do not know your faith, but I am sure there is a community around you who share your faith and can keep you and your father strong in your time of need. The fact that you are posing this question here is also good, because you are reaching out.



Above all else, never, ever, ever blame God. I hope that you will continue to grow strong (which is probably one of the reasons God visits on us many trials and suffering) and live your life in your true faith.
everyone deals their own way, i could give u suggestions on how to cope but it may not be enough for you to hear. Time is the only thing thats makes it easier, it never goes away but will get easier. Sounds like she was a WONDERFUL woman, try dedicating someing in her name and memory, like a plaque the the fire department or church. Make a special garden with all her favorite flowers and always remember the good things about her!



IM very sorry to hear about your loss, i havent been through it yet but i would imagine its very hard.
I lost my mother 8 years ago. I was 16. The only thing I can say is to keep her memory alive! Thats what I do. I now have children and all the things that I wish she was here to see. I keep her memory alive by talking about her with my children, and showing them pictures of her. Just know that she is on your shoulder everyday, and that one day you will see her again! I am so sorry for your loss!
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. Although my Mom is still alive, my father passed away six years ago.



I would suggest spending time with God and telling Him how you feel, and letting Him comfort you. When you feel like crying, don't hold it back, as it is healing to cry.



It does take time to heal. I'll pray that God will comfort you and fill that place of loss.



I'm enclosing a few links - they aren't specific dealing with grief, but they may be comforting.
Firstly I'm truly sorry for yourself and your family's loss. To be honest it will take time and the only real way you will cope is when your strong enough to do so. I too am a christian and believe God has brought us to this earth to fulfil our purpose. When God created your mother her purpose was to be a good mother and loving wife who cared not only for her family but people to. To know your mother has touched so many lives with her kindness has to be one of the best feelings in the world. As a result your sadness is natural as she truly was an angel sent from heaven. I know it's hard but God will get you through this. God bless you and your family always.
Sounds like you are very proud of all your mother accomplished and love her very much. Your ability to share your feelings is a great start. You sound like a very devoted and wonderful son.



Unfortunately, this is such a horrible loss and you have been through a trauma that will take you a long time to feel ok about it. The biggest thing is to try to function in your life while you are dealing with this. You will have good days and bad days. When you are having a bad day the best thing you can do is let the people in your life know. You are going to have to allow yourself the time to grieve and feel sad.



The other thing you may want to do is find a way to honor your mom and her life with your dad. For example, take time to tell each other funny/good stories about your mom, volunteer together somewhere that she did, light a candle for her, pray together, look through photo albums together... talk to each other and be there for each other.



It is also a good idea to talk to a counselor that specializes in grief and loss.



The answer you don't want to hear is that this will take time.



Blessings to you and your dad.
Think of sorrow as you do the ocean... when you go into the ocean just to relax or to float.. think of sorrow that way as it approached you. Turn sideways to avoid being overwhelmed by the wave of sorrow.. and just float along as it passes by you.. rise up with it and then do not forget it will gently let you down so your feet can touch the ground. Then..get out of the waves. Find something else to do that distracts you. Eventually you will find that with practice.. sorrow won't be so difficult.



God bless you and do not worry about your mom. I am sure she is with God.
I think that your real ? is will u die at 55?

U no I fl if we believe in something, we

give it life. Now if u think that u wil die

as your Mother did, it`s possible that

you will, but u say u have FAITH! Use

it, and tell yourself that u won`t. Evn ppl that r dying should not live their life as if they were. Get out there and do something that will make a significant differance in some one`s life .( NeOne`s) So that when u do expire, u will be remembered as your mother is. U c thru u she still live`s, and so can u! THRU SOMEONE ELSE. Don`t just sit there scaring yourslf,greet it doing something that u LOVE! Sewing, Singing, Dancing,Loving, Running, Rock Climbing,Chasing Tornadoes or Volcanoes.

Live your life honey! When it`s your time to go, u will. When our # is called, just changing phone #`s won`t make it go away.

GL to u and your Father, and God has Blessed your Mother. What more can u ask for. Our time here is limited. I just hope whn I go someone opt`s to remember me as u have your mother. Look at me, the day I found out abt my Father was the day he was buried. U c I nvr spnt 1 da with my Father, but u had evry da with ur MOTHER.

LIV YOUR LIFE HONEY, THAT WILL BE YOUR TRIBUTE TO YOUR MOTHER!!!!!
It always hurts when you lose someone,I have been there I lost a woman that took the place of my mother and the relationship I was in he would not even let me go to her funeral but my heart is at rest for I had got to see her two weeks before she died and we cleared the air and I rest knowing shes in heaven with the Lord and One day I will see again,healing is going to take time,just keep her memories all around you and rest in the fact you will see her again one day and apply all the good she taught you and finish out her dream make her proud of you and go on with living I will keep you in my prayers I am sorry about your loss Be blessed Lisa
Share your feelings and talk about her as much as possible. Keep the love and memories and the good times alive. There are always going to be hard times. Don't be afraid to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment