Thursday, October 21, 2010

How did you deal with your mother's death?

I am 19, and my mom is 52, so probably not close to dying yet, but I always obsess over it.



My mom is my life, she is the best mom (in my opinion) in the whole world. When I think of her dying, I start to cry. I can not handle the subject.



I feel like I wont be able to go on with my life knowing that her life has ended. I just really cant imagine how I am going to deal with it. And i know it will happen one day.



So I was wondering, how did you guys deal with your mothers death?How did you deal with your mother's death?
I wasted many years of my life obsessing over my mom's death. I use to sit and cry also just thinking about it. But you shouldn't waste ANY of your life worrying about this. It is a fact of life that we ALL are going to die one day. Death is part of life. Please enjoy your Mom while she is alive and doing well. If you don't then when the time does come for your mom's passing, you will look back and regret every second that you wasted on worrying and not enjoying her. None of us know when the time will come for our mothers to die. However, you never know...it is possible you could die before your mother. It happens. God forbid! Love your Mom, spend time with her, and treat her like tomorrow will be her last day. Be thankful you still have her. I lost my mother 20 yrs ago and it feels like it was only a few months ago still. I miss her everyday of my life. But I do have wonderful memories of her! Make wonderful memories now so that you will have them later when she is gone. My mom was my best friend and the best mother ever! Hope I've helped you.

BTW I am the same age your mother is! ;-)How did you deal with your mother's death?
when my mom died it was a blessing. she was so sick for so long.

it was almost a relief when she died.



but don't get me wrong i grieved for her but i did move on.




You should be celebrating life with your mother now while she is alive. Don't waste your life or anyone elses by worrying about the end of it.

You could have 30 or 40 years of her left yet. Don't waste it.


Sammy, when I was 19 wasn`t different from what you`re thinking now..It was a real fear but you see now I`m 48 and my mom is 84 and laughing and living her life as she can...she`s getting ready for Christmas thinking what to do and expecting for more!..

That fear has been with me all this years but not as intense as before, and now I understand my son when he gives me that look of what would I do without you..

Life is like that..But don`t worry!..it means how much we love our moms, but as we grow old life itself get us ready for every fact of it. Don`t ask about how they deal with mother`s death, but how we enjoy our mom`s life and have the best out of them--She`s alive enjoy and be thankful, pray for her to live many, many more years as I used to do and it worked!...
Haven't lost Mom yet (thankfully)...but I have lost two Grandmothers...the first when I was 11 years old and the other when I was 35...Yes, I was very close to both to them...as a child, life just seemed to go on as usual, often speaking of my Grandma meant some tears, but no one really lost it...as an adult, and a different Grandmother, I can only say I experienced Pure Peace!...She was pushing 91, was hooked up to oxygen to breathe and was waiting for God to take her...she was ready...don't get me wrong, I miss her everyday and would love to sit and have a cup of coffee with her, but death is a part of life and must be accepted. I'm concerned that you dwell on something like that...it's not in your control, so just be grateful for your time on earth (yours and hers) and stop worrying about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment