Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do you deal with your mothers when you wanna dance?

Okay, I am 16 yrs old and my mother and I don't get along.. She's forcing me to run, but really I want to dance. We fight all day and night, and now am getting sick and tired of it. Does anyone have advice? How do i continue dancing if I am being forced to run 8 miles a day?How do you deal with your mothers when you wanna dance?
I'm having the same problems with my mum over a different situation.

It's your life, nobody can force you to do something you don't want to do. Lifes too short and you have to make the most of it! Unless you want to be an athlete you're not going to get much out of running and if dancing is what you want to do thats what you need to be doing.

Talk to your mum, explain its a passion where as running isn't. If my mum said I wasn't allowed to dance I have no idea what i'd do! Ask your mum why she wants you to run instead of dance.

All the best :)How do you deal with your mothers when you wanna dance?
You do not need to run 8 miles a day. Are you going to the 2012 Olympic? I ran in the Marines and we even had days off. Only 3-5 a day but the long distance runners would go to 10 12 a day. and there knees are gone now. Dancing burns calories just as well.
If you're really passionate about dancing, you can't just quarrel about it. Prove it to your mother one day, but do not do it secretly. Practise your dance moves whenever you're free (or just walking into the kitchen and so on) but meanwhile run the 8 miles as it'll also help some day.

Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment