Thursday, October 28, 2010

How should you deal with an angry and bitter person? Especially when the person is your mother?

Hi I am 25 years old and I need advice on how to deal with my bitter mother.



I have two siblings, a brother and a sisters (in that order). Me and my brother have the same father. My father left my mother and married another woman before my brother was born, he then had a son with her two weeks after my brother was born. My sister's father also left her right after she was born. For years me and my brother have experienced unfair treatment from my mother (my sister is her favorite). While growing up I think my brother got it the worst, she would always tell him men were no good and that he would never amount to anything. I tried my best to stay out of her way, I escaped through reading (I'm a book worm). She never talked to us or told us she loved us she just screamed complain and told us constantly how she wish she never had us. Needless to say growing up in this type of environment we made some mistakes in our teen years. My brother went to jail at 17, I got pregnant at 16 and my sister became a lesbian.



I finished school, went to college graduated with my bachelors and now I am working on my master's degree. My undergraduate years were really difficult for me I was a new mom and in college I hadn't recieve any advice about life or anything from my parents and I also had no financial support or emotional support. I was on my own in this new world. I did farely well in undergrad once I made the dean's list and told her I thought she would be proud but she told me that I must have had some easy classes. She also bought my sister two cars and wouldn't even help me get one. When my brother went to jail she wouldn't even go see him or got to this court dates I was there I gave him money if I had it when I could. To this day she still gives my sister special treatment even though she is rude to her, dropped out of college and can't keep a job.



Long story short, I grew up feeling inadequate and resenting my mother. I have since moved on from that and I have become a strong, beautiful, ambitious and loving person. I try my hardest to be different from her I want to live my life to the fullest and be loving and kind. I would like to have a relationship with her but she just so evil and mean. Should I just stay away from her?



How should you deal with an angry and bitter person? Especially when the person is your mother?
Aww i'm so sorry about her because you've tried so hard and i understand it's hard to please parents. Well done on not being just another statistic and managing to raise a child and graduate and continue your education on to Master's level!



I think she's so negative towards men because of what's happened and i'm sure she's been hurt too. I don't think you should just shut her out of your life but she certainly needs to be shown how she's acting is wrong. How should you deal with an angry and bitter person? Especially when the person is your mother?
shoot if your mother treats you and your bro that disrespectfuly then yeah stay away from her if she doesn't want anything to do with you then stay away. I'm sorry no one should ever be treated that way. Its sooooo Sad

No comments:

Post a Comment