Thursday, October 21, 2010

How did you deal with the passing of your mother?

My mom was 69 and I was 25. No one seems to understand how traumatic it was. How did you deal with the loss and honr your mom in the present. Serious answers only...How did you deal with the passing of your mother?
My father passed away when he was 72, and I was 34... and to this day I am still not really over it. I think of my father pretty much every day, and still sometimes cry and I think it's worse because his passing was very traumatic after a kidney transplant and brain infection (nocardia). It takes time. It takes patience. I'm helped because going back home after his funeral I had an experience where I suddenly was aware of a great infinity and sense of peace and I like to think that my dad conveyed this to me to let me know that he was okay. I like to try and remember the fun memories of him. I sometimes like to imagine him giving me kisses and hugs and I like to think that he is still watching over me from a place of peace, rest and no pain. Eventually the pain does subside a little and the feelings numb, but you'll always feel the loss.



I hope somewhere in my own experience you'll find something to help you. God bless.How did you deal with the passing of your mother?
I didnt lose my mom, but I lost my dad. I was 14, he was in his mid 40s. I really never did deal with it. I just ignore it. For awhile, I turned to alcohol and considered turning to sex and drugs to help. Needless to say alcohol didnt help. Sure, I wasnt thinking about it then, but if you do something like that, you will just feel bad about your loss, and about your life that your screwing up. My only advice is to find things to take your mind off of it. Think about the good times with her, not anything bad, and remember she is in a better place.
My Mother passed away a total of 30 years ago, and I still have not gotten over it completely. I think of her every day and thank God I had her as long as I did and I thank her for all that she did for me throughout my life. I put a wreath on my Mother and Dads grave every Christmas even though I live 100 miles from the burial site. You never forget the people that you truly love, but you can remember all the good things you did together and be thankful for that time of your life. God bless you and give you the courage to be as happy as you can, it what your Mother would want more than anything.
  • color nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment