Thursday, October 28, 2010

I know i did the right thing by kicking my mother out but i feel guilty?

I was suspicious that my mother was abusing my kids and my suspisions were right.my son had a cut under his eye and would not tell me or his mother how it happened. He told the school nurse what happened and she hit him under his eye with a spatchala. I put a voice recorder right next to my computer and recorded her saying';go ahead his your brother with the bat see if i care and then let the law deal with your mother and father,its called parental abuse'; she said this to my boys who i cherish more than anything. My job as a daddy is to protect my kids and as always i have fulfilled that part of my duties. I know i was right to do what i did but in a very small way i feel guilty because she is my mother. but once again i have to protect my boys. They are what are inmportant. now she is giving everyone a boowho story on how bad i treated her and i havent played the recording of her to the rest of my family. but i recorded her to protect myself, my wife, and my kids. what do you think?I know i did the right thing by kicking my mother out but i feel guilty?
I think you did the right thing by kicking her out of your house and distancing her from your children. You should keep the recording, but not to play to the rest of the family, but just as percaution as a parent v.s.child services if the situation may arise.

Now, it's time to forgive. You'll need to forgive your mother for her actions and move on. Forgiving doesn't mean that you go back to ';normal.'; You should still be present when your mother is with your children, and you shouldn't leave them in her care anymore.

To forgive you mother, is to let her know that you still respect her as your mother, but that you're a parent as well and need to do what you think is best for your own children.I know i did the right thing by kicking my mother out but i feel guilty?
Your kids come first - that was the duty you took when you made them. Pat yourself on the back for doing the right thing for your kids!! Give your mother a copy of the tape, and let her know she should be happy you aren't turning it over to the police.



Do you have any siblings with kids? I'd warn them if you do!
What a horrible situation. But - you did the right thing. Don't feel guilty. Sadly I would advise that you play the recording to your wife and maybe your siblings only. No need to involve everyone, just a trusted few who ought to know how she can be. Grim isn't it.
I think you need to quit feeling guilty for protecting your kids. She stopped being worth your effort the first time she hurt them. If anyone says anything, tell them she hurt your kids and you love them too much to let it continue.
yes it is sad but you did what you had to do protect your kids that comes first you should not feel guilty.but try to patch things up with your mother as you know what day Sunday is.
i think you did the right thing! of course your children come first.



don't let her make you feel guilty by telling other people the boohoo story. she is just trying to make herself feel/look good. but you know the truth!
Feel sad, hurt, and let down by your mother but DO NOT feel guilty for your actions.



You hit it right the first time - your number one job is the protection of your children.
You were right you are the parent and have to protect your children.
yes you are right.. dont feel guilty please what she did was so0o0o wrong.....
yeah ur rite
You are totally right about kicking your mom out. Your right that your priority is your kids. You mom is old enough to take care of herself, your children depend on you to protect them, no matter who is abusing them. Don't feel guilty and tell anyone that asks that you had to protect your kids from her. You don't have to prove anything, but I would keep that tape in case she tries to turn it around and get you and your wife in trouble with the law. You never know....
You did the right thing. You and your family come first. The safety of your kids comes first.



I'll be the first to admit that I will never allow my own mother around my son. I know she isn't a safe person for him to be around. Yes it is okay to feel guilty, after all, it is your mum. Yet keep in mind you do have to sacrifice things to be able to keep your children safe.



As mean as it might sound, that relationship is not worth anything if she has treated your child in that manner. It is not worth keeping if your children are afraid to tell you she hit them. It is not worth keeping if your children are just down right afraid. It isn't a healthy relationship for them to view.



So yes, you did the right thing. Be proud you are willing to stand up and say 'Hey, this is my family and I want a safe and healthy enviroment for them.'
don't feel guilty....



my mom was just living with me because we move to a different state and she said she didn't want to be far away from my kids. she stayed with us for almost a year and did nothing to contribute to our household and did nothing to find a job and her own place to live. so i had to ask her to leave because my husband could no longer afford to support her. i don't work as we cannot afford a babysitter, and we are also taking care of his handicap brother. i felt a little guilty at first but then i told myself she's 51 and has the responsibility of a teenager.she brought it on herself. as did your mother. so definitely don't feel guilty for protecting your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment