Thursday, October 21, 2010

How would you deal with your Mother in law?

My Mother in law and her husband (my partners Father) broke up 8 weeks ago. I had my daughter 13 days ago. Already my Mother in law is using my baby to lure her ex round. When he does to come round to see my baby she will be like to my partner and I, can you leave the room. SHe expects us to leave my baby there. Im sorry I am being paranoid cos this is really upsetting me.How would you deal with your Mother in law?
Not paranoid at all. She is overstepping the bounds. You gave birth to your child NOT HER. You have say NOT HER. If she wants to spend alone time with her ex, she can do it on her own time without YOUR CHILD. She should respect the fact that you are the Mother of the child and she should respect and honor your decisions without question or argument. IT'S NOT ABOUT HER AND SHE SHOULD NOT BE LET TO MANIPULATE THE EMOTIONS OR ATTENTIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE BY USING YOUR CHILD AS A PAWN!!!!!How would you deal with your Mother in law?
I would ask why she wants you to leave the room. Under no circumstances should you leave the baby alone with them. It's not that I don't trust them, but when your father-in-law is being bated by your mother-in-law using your newborn, it's almost like she is wanting him to get her pregnant.
Why is she around all the time? How about gently explaining to her that you're trying to establish a routine for the baby so you want to keep visitors to a minimum. In other words, don't give her the opportunity be around to do this.
There is no reason for you to leave the room. If you choose to, take your baby with you.
It sounds like your living in her home - go to your local housing office and get on the housing list, choice based letting should make it easier for you to get your own home.

That said whilst I understand your Mother in laws distress she is very wrong to use YOUR baby as bait. Be very firm and say that you are happy yo give them both privacy but baby stays with you. She was a new mum once and shoul;d know better. Good luck
she probably thinks that is the only way she can communicate with him.
talk to your husband about it first so that you two can find a good time to talk to his mom about what she's doing, and make sure the two of you talk to the mom about her behavior.GL
The key word in this message is ';daughter.'; She comes first.

So, protect her well, so she will never lose your love and trust.

I grew up an orphan, and didn't get that chance. %26lt;}:-})
lily mae your situation sounds horrible! your baby is being used @ such a tender age! mother in laws r such nasty humans! sounds to me u're a good daughter in law. god is great sweetheart, your baby will be protected. i m sure as nasty as your mother in law is, i m very sure she means no harm to your newborn baby. n yes its obvious she is using your baby to communicate with her estranged husband but im sure baby is in no immediate physical danger. well y don't u take it in a more lightly manner, that because of your newborn baby, perhaps d 2 of them might rekindled! your baby is really a bundle of joy!
I don`t see why you should leave the room, she`s a guest in your home so i would gently remind her of the fact and suggest that if she wants privacy to argue or whatever, then she ought to go backhome or even just go to the pub or park ! I can imagine you`ve got enough things to do with baby without the stress of other peoples problems. hope it sorts out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment