Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do you deal with your mother in law ?

I hate my fiances family and vice versa

Future mother in law is deseratley trying to split us up.

Tried talking to her with no joy. Even said when the baby is born you will have no contact with her but nothing works



Any ideas ? Sensible ones that is?How do you deal with your mother in law ?
Mother Knows Best: At a senior citizen's meeting, a couple were celebrating their 50th Anniversary. The husband stood up and was telling story of his dating habits in his youth. It seemed that every time he brought home a girl to meet his mother, his mother didn't like her. So, finally, he started searching until he found a girl who not only looked like his mother and acted like his mother, she even sounded like his mother. So he brought her home one night to have dinner, and his father didn't like herHow do you deal with your mother in law ?
Thought you wanted sensible not a joke.

Report Abuse


I know its going to be hard to do but be extra nice to her and don't let her see she's getting to you. My nan made my mum's life a living hell they actually lived together! So i know what is like.
why were you threatening her if you are trying to sort things?? that makes no sense! She just loves her son and wants the best for him. I have a mother in law, of course she annoys me but sh deserves respect. I am also a mom a know that all mothers just want the best for their kids.



Maybe youre the one with the problem, a child is not something that you use to emotionally blackmail someone. Grow up and prove that you are better than any arguement or hostility. Prove yourself! Hang back for a while and be the better person. Show some respect for the person that raised your fiance. Your child will need grandparents as well as parents. Its not a competition, everybody needs to work together and compromise!!



Good luck
Hate is a horrible word my friend , you probably just dislike them if she's putting you through that much grief your boyfriend should maybe stand up for you, there's alway's 2 sides to a story just tell her straight treat me with respect coz ur worth that if you dont then dont speak to me at all.
I know how you feel. We moved to Plymouth when I was 6 months pregnant to get away. But then my fiance's Mum and Dad broke up and she tried to kill herself so we had to move back.

It was only ever temporary. We had to stay at hers. The whole time she was always getting invovled in our reletionship. Sometimes I feel she wants to be with her Son!! After I had my daughter by being induced in a 24 hr labour and bein cut. As you can imagine when I came home the next day I was exhausted. She invited all of her friends round. It made me feel like ****. When my Dad came round she took my Baby off my Dad.

She kept using my Baby as a pawn to get back with my partners Dad. For example she we would be outside in garden with our Baby and my partners Dad would come in and she would tell me and my partner to go away and leave our daughter with her. In the end we moved when Lils was 6 weeks old back to Plymouth because she kept calling me nasty names and telling us how to look after our baby. She tried to kill herself again this time with a hose pipe in her car that put petrol in.

My partner has had his Uncle on the phone crying trying to get him to go back home. But he won't

You may think I am being nasty however she is just n attention seeker who i cannot stand!

I would advise you to be nice to her grin and bare just ignore but she will always stay the same.

-edit-

I think it is funny how you are giving me a thumbs down when ou do not know what I have put up with. Maybe you Mother in law is nice but mine is not.
my mother in law is a ***** and i refuse to deal with her. she complain a lot and is a hateful person.

hate is not a bad word b/c i hate my mother in law too.





my advice- ignore her
Well......just forget about her family.it is no worth it.Believe me i am talking from my experience..It's been 8 years since then and still I hate them and still not talking to them.And what?That doesn't hurts me not even a bit.Its only matter to love each other and have a wonderful life.
There is a very old saying ';Kill em with Kindness.'; I know how hard it must be but no matter how nasty they are smile and be nice. If you keep it up long enough it will wear off on them. I know this is hard to believe but it does work in time. It will not happen over night. I was one of the lucky ones I hit it off great with my mother-in-law. I hope what I have passed on will help you. Good Luck.
My b/f and I set our wedding date. He told his parents exactly how it's going to be and if they don't like it...too bad. They backed off and keep their mouths shut. It worked. Tell your fiance to do the same thing.
If you want to actually hear some sensible advice listen to MILFTASTIC.



Now if you want to listen to what you want to hear, agree with all the negative answers here.



You ALL need to find a way to at least get along. There are always two sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in between. You all must be at some fault here. Grow up and figure it out.



Never, ever use grandchildren to punish the grandparents. That is not only immature and selfish but wrong! You might feel some sort of sick revenge but you child is the one that will suffer. How mature does it sound when your children want to know why they can't see grandma and you say ';because I hate her';. That's real mature!



Now do you want sensible or hateful advice? If you want hateful just listen to all the perfect daughter-in-laws here that see no fault in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment