Thursday, October 28, 2010

How would you deal with putdowns from your mother?

You see, my mother says a lot of things to me. Many of the things sound like putdowns. In the past, I remember her complaining about my ugly handwriting or telling me that I'm stupid (and actually, she still does tell me that). I remember her comparing me to other people, wondering why I'm not like them. And these days, she complains about the way I dress or the things that I do. I know that usually, when someone says a putdown, you would brush it off because ';their opinion doesn't matter'; or that ';it's not true, because I know they're wrong';; the things you would say or think to yourself when someone tells you a putdown. But this is my mother: a person I'm stuck living with telling me these things over and over again. Now, how can I deal with this?How would you deal with putdowns from your mother?
Turn the tables on her. Put down a shirt or outfit she is wearing. Or tell her the hair do she is sporting don't fit her face. When she gets pissed at u, tell her ur just saying the same things she says to u all the time. If she is hurt then she shouldn't hurt u in the same way. She should get the point.How would you deal with putdowns from your mother?
***** slap her and tell her to shove it and leave
how old r u? Why are u stuck with living with her?



my suggestion would be to get your own place and when u visit her, explain to her that u would rather have an enjoyable visit if she starts in. if it continues, leave. Do this every single time.
To be honest, I never really dealt with my female parent's putdowns until I was nearly suicidal over it. Then I moved away and haven't spoken to her since.



(Yes, I refer to her as my ';female parent';, not ';mother';. I'm still very bitter.)



I don't know how old you are, but if you're still in school, I'd strongly suggest talking to your guidance counselor. Parental emotional abuse can really mess you up long term if nothing's done about it.
  • oil prices dropped around
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment