Thursday, October 21, 2010

How to deal with your mother?

Hi I am 16 years old and have lots of problems with my mother and people automatically assume that it is my own fault due to hormones or what have you, but it isn't over my trying to be independent, or a curfew, or marks, it is over stupid things like if i leave a light on I never hear the end of it its like everything is turned into some big hollywood production she has temper tantrums and if i ever want to talk to her she gets mad tells me not to start, asks me why i am bothering her with this s#$@ and yells at my dad to deal with me, even though i asked if i could talk to her with the utmost respect, she was a kind and loving mother up until i was about twelve or thirteen, my dad has noticed it to. But this behavior is different with my fourteen year old brother who lips off,and stays out after curfew, and she just bought him a 4 hundred doller bike, while im still riding the same old peice of crap my friends family gave me 2 years ago. I always try to ask her about why she dislikes me, and ask her if she wants to do something or spend some time with me but she says she doesn't want to be near me because we always argue. and all she can seem to do is criticise me ofer trivial little things and it is wearing me down. so if anyone has any peice of advice on how i can get my mom to like me again please share it. thank you.How to deal with your mother?
If your mom is going off about such trivial things, it seems obvious she is really angry about something else. She most likely has no idea what it is herself. I suggest you ask her to go to counseling with you so someone can help get to the bottom of it. If she won't go, go own your own, even it if is the school counselor. Remember that her opinion of you does not determine who you are. I commend you for looking for help. Best of luck!How to deal with your mother?
You are old enough to create your own world without your mother involved. Start being independent. Do not talk with her about EVERYTHING,
well if she won't talk to you you can't really do much but that is my only thought on how to deal with that. my father is like that also a light turned on fridge open to long or water running but unfortuneatly it is there house so you have to deal with it or talk to her.
I am a mom and have a 15 year old. Here is a suggestion - sit down and write your mom a thoughtful letter with the questions you need to know. But also offer that you care and really want to better understand her due to the importance of your relationship as mother and son. Telling her you love her won't hurt either. By writing this - she can reflect and process on the questions that she may not hear completely when you are asking her or if she is yelling at you.Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment