Thursday, October 21, 2010

How to deal with wanting your mother there more during pregnancy?

I will admit I am a bit hormonal being that I am 25 weeks pregnant. I have been longing to have a closer relationship with my mother. And I always kinda thought that if she knew this that things would change. But through the grapevine she found out how I felt and instead of a good response she had my step dad call me and ream me out saying it's not my mothers job to be my friend and that's what my husband is there for. I know my mother was standing right there when he called, so she obviously agrees with this.

I feel so sad and alone now. I can't sleep. Is this normal to want your mother more when you are pregnant? How do I deal with the sadness?How to deal with wanting your mother there more during pregnancy?
It's perfectly normal for you to want your mother around. Especially in a time where you're looking for guidance and some advice on having a child. After all no one knows better than your mom, she's been there done that. Maybe try explaining to her that you're not looking for a friend your looking for your mother to be more supportive and give you advice and be there for you, like a parent should be in their child's time of need. If that doesn't work, don't loose to much sleep over it, I know that's easier said than done. She'll be the one missing out because she won't have the opportunity to get to know you as an adult, or her new grandchild.



Hang in there and try not to stress to much.How to deal with wanting your mother there more during pregnancy?
Write her a letter and tell her you dont need a friend but would like you Mother to give you some help and support in this pregnancy. But that if she cant provide that then you will have to go to someone else for that - perhaps an Aunt or a Grandmother.
I'm sorry. I just found out im pregnant and i didnt have the joy to run and tell my mom, sis, and father because they aren't supportive. So I kinda know how that feels...
its normal. im sorry that your not close with your mom =( my mom and i have a great relationship. 2 months before i got pregnant i moved 2.5 hours away from my mom. its very hard being far away from her since ive been pregnant. i cry a few nights a week because i miss her so much. we visit each other at least once a month. we call/text each other every day but im still very sad that i cant see her all the time. everything in my life is so great right now...my boyfriend, our new home, a baby on the way...i just wish my momma was around more =(

No comments:

Post a Comment