Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you deal with your ANNOYING mother in law?

WARNING: RANT AHEAD!!!





She isn't technically my mother in law but ive been with my boyfriend for 6 years and i know her very well. but she is so obnoxious with her repetitive questions and her not listening to me and she pushing what she wants!!



my boyfriend and his mother aren't close at all because she sent him away while he was a teenager and he could careless if they talk or not. and I'm the one the pushes him to have somewhat of a relationship with her. She is obese and has diabetes in a result to that and doesn't take care of herself at all! she hasn't had a job and years and never feels good because she eats crap all day! She has a jack Russel terrier that she is completely careless with, she doesn't walk it, she feeds it cheap food, she lets it urinate and poop in the house, not to mention it has attacked people before!! i have 2 dogs that i do the complete opposite with they are friendly well behaved and potty trained and she had the nerve to tell me that the food i buy is to expensive and i need to think about the baby!



okay one te food i buy isn't even expensive, just because i pay more then $5 like she does it considered expensive? and second i am always thinking of my child! my boyfriend and i will/are doing everything for our baby im only 17 weeks but im taking very good care of my self vitamins exercise eating right- all that good stuff! and uhh it just pisses me off!



uhh i know the only reason im mad is because im pregnant! i know its just the hormones! and my boyfriend has been away on business for the last month so ive been the one to help his mom and im just so sick of her!! luckily he comes home on sat. but still i feel like i want to rip my head out!



but i feel much better after venting!!! and after rereading what i wrote i know its something so dumb but for some reason it REALLY ticked me off! lol







so my question is how do you deal with an annoying mother is law?How do you deal with your ANNOYING mother in law?
my soon to be mother in law was lovely to me when i was having my first child ie her grandson. she and my fiance don't get on either but like you i push him to speak to her.

i just announced i am expecting again and she has completely changed. she makes snide comments to me infront of my sis and basically its my fault for getting knocked up a 2nd time. i hate arguing with people so like you i vent in my head and to my fella. it's hard to know what to do cus they really can make life hard for you.



i think in your case though if he really doesn't want to speak to his mother then slowly cut her out of your lives. perhaps tell her that you cannot be around her while she is behaving like that and if she truly wishes to see her son and grandchild then she has to change a few things How do you deal with your ANNOYING mother in law?
I cussed her out a year ago and haven't talked to her since. SO pretty good. lol
You say she is obese and diabetic. Well, she probably does not have a lot of energy. That is not an excuse, but I don't think at this stage in her life she is going to listen to you or her son.

Don't let it get to you.
Why deal with her at all? If your BF doesn't really care for her, she doesn't care for herself, and she isn't at all pleasant to be around... then don't even give her the benefit of your effort. Just because you're carrying her grandchild, it doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to be friendly with her- you tried, and she's the same. I'm not saying to never let her see the baby- but you don't have to go out of your way to cater to her.



You don't need any additional stress in your life right now, and she sounds like a major cause of stress in your life!
she sounds unhappy and like she has low self esteem. until she faces up to that and tries to do things to improve her self esteem i reckon she'll never change



';her repetitive questions and her not listening to me and she pushing what she wants!!';



what she wants how?
Invite her round for a cuppa.Make sure you put some Epson Salts in hers.Sit back, smile and enjoy.
easy question you do not have to deal with her but when your baby arrives and she wants some input you must tell her that for the health and well being of your child that you will not visit her until she cleans the place up

you could try and befriend her and find out why she is showing such depressed behaviour that is apparent when she is sick and still persists with her bad eating habits encourage her to eat more healthy and suggest that after the baby is born that you both join a slimming club offer her support but if she cannot or will not respond to your kindness then ...OH Well at least you tried
yuk...she sounds like a bit@h....i wouldnt even waste my time with her.......she just sounds like a big fat annoying bit@h who has no life of her own so she tries to run yours....
We moved 350+ miles away. It solved EVERYTHING. My husband is not close to his mom either. She's only called him 3 times in 4 years and it's usually concerning herself. Her other kids whom she calls them multiple times a day. She doesn't even know I'm pregnant and I'd prefer to keep it that way.
My mother in law is nothing but a troublemaker that loves causing trouble, making up lies and so on... How do i deal with her? I don't. I do not go around her at all anymore, she is not worth my time in how she is and how she talks about everyone behide their backs.




Lol...wait till the baby is here and she wants to give him or her licks of her crappy food...or a sip of coke! Just a warning...prepare yourself! I#ve known a few people like her and they're the folk who think that it's ok for 6 month old babies to have slted corn chips to snack on...or tastes of soda.
That sucks and I think its worse when you are pregnant. When I got pregnant with our first my (soon to be) mil was great until we were planning the wedding. She suggested I ';rent'; my wedding dress to save $. I had already changed the date and made the invites to save $. It got a lot worse after our son was born. She once said the you had to pay to hold our baby and stormed out of our house (he'd only been home for like 2 days after being in nicu for 11 days when she showed up unannounced and with friends). We had gotten along great before the wedding and baby and it took a little over a year for things to finally work out. We were able to work through our differences and I couldn't imagine not having her around now. I am pregnant with our third now and the hormones do add to the frustration bc I do find myself getting frustrated with things she does that normally wouldnt bother me. I just try to overlook it or tease her about it..lol



I do feel your frustation because I have been there before. You should have your boyfriend talk to his mom about the things that bother the both of you though so she takes it more seriously.
My boyfriends mum really annoys me!

Before I could handle it but now it really get's to me (I've developed a very short fuse)

She constantly asks me questions, which she later repeats so at first I answer them and then the 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th time she asks I just say I don't know or haven't thought yet!

She always asks me if she looks well and I always just say ';yeah you look fine why?';. There's nothing wrong with her she looks the same as she did when I met her 4 1/2 years ago!

Never asks how I am, or the baby!

I think it's just the pregnancy hormones but your definitely not alone.
Let it go in one ear and straight out of the other.



At the end of the day how you look after your animals, and your baby when it comes is completely up to you and our boyfriend.



I won't judge her for sending her son away when he was a teenager as I was not there and she must have had he reasons.



Juts ignore, or nod and smile politely all the while gritting your teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment