Thursday, October 21, 2010

How should you deal with your mother if she is overly irritating?

if she talks on and on... makes bitter comments... always says things to make u feel low?How should you deal with your mother if she is overly irritating?
Even if she has menopause she should have self-control. My best friend's mum has been bad to my friend for about 10 years now because noone confronts her.

I did the same mistake. Very soon my mum will get there as well. She keeps on comparing her body to mine!!! My bf's mum who is 1 year younger than my mum told her her age while talking saying that she doesnt mind people knowing but my mum kept silent. It not like people would think my mum is in her 20s instead of approaching 50.

My mum has been stressed out, angry and extremely aggressive and annoying for a while. When my ex and i broke up, she blamed me. Saying that I could be intolerable and not nice that it would drive any guy away. The truth was that the guy wanted to jump all over me and scared me to death. And she knows that.

My bf proposed but my mum was against the whole thing until she had a huge fight with his family. She was extremely rude. You wouldnt believe what she said and then she blames me..again. His parents cant stand her for what she said and did. Shes blaming me saying that I was supposed to do what she wanted (choose the ring she wants, the diamond she wants, the apartment she wants,...) forgetting that Im the one who wants to get married!!!

Be polite she's your mum. Confront her. Don't do like me. Being overly sensitive is no good. Your mum may not be an extreme as mine but you should put down your foot.How should you deal with your mother if she is overly irritating?
that's what moms are for
Grow up ,, move out.
one word my friend, IPOD.
if you are old enough to stand on your own and be independent move out and provide for yourself.
Sounds like mine, I only talk to her if I really need to and when she gets really bad I tell her how she is making me feel then I hang up on her and 5 minutes later she calls to apologise.
I had a mother like that. As it turns out she was going through menopause and I was going through puberty. Both did eventually pass but while it was going on we practically couldnt stand eachother. She blamed me for this and that. Took her angers out on me. Would make me upset on purpose. She got over it. So did I. Were close now. Maybe you mother is going through the same thing.



I would avoid her. Do what she tell you to do and dont argue with her. It will just esculate the situation. I stayed in my room or left alot.
Plain and simple... ask her if there is a day of the week... you can have as ';what you are doing right-day.'; You do not have to be rude with the comment... Just tell her nice, but bluntly that she is wearing you out and making you feel low. Ask her simply... for more positive gestures. She is your mother, regardless of anything she will love you inevitably! She probably thinks that she is encouraging you.
My mom used to do that when I was younger, so I would just leave and go out with my friends, cuz if I stayed their to listen to her, she would go on and on and on.....then she would say, well to make a long story short, it was already too late. Even after I got married she and my dad would try to run my life, and I got married to get away from them, cuz I just couldn't take it anymore, that was a huge mistake, cuz I married the wrong man, and I should have just taken the kids and moved out......but wait......I don't wanna make this long story long. enuf said I guess
tell her that the word hurt you.
She may not even realize she does that. Maybe she is trying to have a conversation but because she isn't getting any feed back talks on and on. When she says things that make you feel low tell her, if she gets irrate then you pretty much know you can't say anything in your defense. It sounds like she is having some problems herself maybe you could try talking to her instead of the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment