Thursday, October 28, 2010

How would you deal with the father(or mother) of your child cussing you out in front of the baby?

My daughter's father isn't the most mature person. When he got upset yesterday,he cussed me out in front of our daughter. Though I really couldn't do too much at that point in time,I still want to talk to him about.



I need help in what I should say,do and how to approach him.How would you deal with the father(or mother) of your child cussing you out in front of the baby?
Children are sponges, they don't miss a thing, even though you may think they're not paying attention all the time ... they are. When you can see he's getting upset just put your hand up and say, ';Not in front of our daughter, can we talk somewhere else?'; When my husband and I split up we approached everything with the question: What's best for the children? You can't go wrong if you've always got their best interest at heart.How would you deal with the father(or mother) of your child cussing you out in front of the baby?
well, if i were still with him and it wasn't a one-time thing, i would walk. i don't commit my life to people like that.



if i weren't still with him, i would wait until a calm time presented itself and ask him if we could make a commitment to speak maturely around the baby since otherwise it will not only scare and confuse the child but also likely end up with the child adopting the same behaviors. and the next time he started doing it in front of the child i'd tell him we needed to take it in another room.
As long as he does it and you take it you are teaching her that it's okay to be treated like that and ok for men to treat women like that. It has to stop or you need to leave. Don't approach him when he's angry but you 2 need to communicate.
tell him the next time he needs ';discuss'; something with you in a less that child friendly way, he needs to do it privately, NOT in front of the child. it is very unhealthy for children to see their parents arguing like that. also, tell him he shouldn't be cussing you out anyways, that's ridiculous.
get over it. part of life. thats why i wanna marry my skeleton so i dont deal with that cause i doubt he would ever cuss me out.
well try the basic method talk to him make sure the baby isn't around because he may get mad and cuss more also if that doesn't help try to get him to go to anger management and if that doesn't work move out and leave him because it could escalate to violence
I remember all too well the pick-ups and drop offs with my husband and his ex gf. They were RIDICULOUS. She would be up his *** from the second we arrived to the second we drove away. She didn’t give a damn that her 2.5 yr old daughter was right there.



I’ll never forget the one time we drove 2 hrs to drop her off (because they moved further away from us) and her mother pulled up just looking for a fight. She got out of the car, started running her mouth, and my stepdaughter was in the car with me and looking out the window. She started to get sad and I HATE getting involved but felt I had to at this point. I said to both of them, that they need to stop talking RIGHT NOW, because their daughter was getting upset. There’s a time and a place, and it’s NOT NOW. And that was directed at both of them, my husband included. She got so mad for me speaking up she pretty much pulled my stepdaughter out of the car and squealed her wheels as she drove away. Awesome and mature…really it was!



So from that point forward, my husband and I made a deal. If she raises her voice or runs her mouth, simply say “I’m not fighting with you here” and walk away. Get in the car and drive away. She can get as angry as she wants, she can blow up our phone, but until BOTH have calmed down and neither are around their daughter, then that’s just the way it goes.



I don’t think there really is a good way to say it to your ex. Because it sounds like it won’t matter to him. But I think you should just say that you do NOT agree to fighting, raising voices, or discussing anything in front of your child. And that from this point forward, if he attempts to do that, you’re just going to walk away. Because again, there’s a time and a place and it is NOT in front of your child. End of discussion.



Good luck – sounds like you’ll need it.
I'd slap the sh!t out of my ex for talking to me that way! He's a jerk anyhow.



I say beat him. He doesn't have the right to talk to you like that. Women have rights too!
  • im thinking of starting a cult
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment