Friday, November 19, 2010

Do you get along with your mother-in-law?

I have up until recently...well shes not technically my MIL yet, but soon to be. Me and my boyfriend live with her (we are in the process of looking for our own house) and Ive lived there since my lease was up on my apt in july07. Im 32 weeks pregnant and she has been driving me nuts!!!She is too involved in me and my bf's life and I have a feeling that after the baby is born shes going to be one of those that takes over and tries to tell me how to raise my child. I really want to move out before I have the baby but I dont see that happening because it takes a while to close and we dont have a house picked out yet!! and Im due the end of oct. But anyways Id like to hear other women who have similar stories, or women who dont get along with their MIL and how u deal with her!



thanks a bunch



Maybe its hormones ..who knows :) nah its her lolDo you get along with your mother-in-law?
I have had 2 MIL's. The first was nice with her cutting remarks so that I wouldn't even realize the burn until much later. I never said anything to her. I was young and knew that marriage wasn't going to last anyhow.

The current MIL! Oh boy. Nothing gets by me anymore. She trys to be the nice B. Some of the worst things she has done or said to me are .... Our daughter was born 8 weeks early and spent 30 days in the Intensive Care Nursery. They had a list of people who were allowed to see the baby without us there. I only put 1 person on that list because it was SO vital that our baby not become overwhelmed by visitors. The person was my sister (not even my own mom) in case of emergency. She lived very close and could be there quickly. When MIL found out about the list and she wasn't on it she told my husband that she was giving up on grandchildren. That still makes my blood boil! My baby was fighting for her life and that wench had the nerve to give up on her...

Then shortly after was my baby shower. She gave my family such a hard time about all of it. The location, the date, the food...Then she didn't even show up! Make that 20 times worse... 18 months later she attended my husbands ex girlfriends baby shower. I really can't stand that woman. Only this time I wrote her a letter and told her in detail every aweful thing she has ever done or said to me. I told her how she makes me feel and I didn't see her for a very long time. I still will not bring my family to her house. If she wants to know why she is not close with my daughter she needs to look no further than the mirror.

I really wish you the best of luck. Try to hang in there. Don't tell her off until you have your own place. LOL If it comes down to that. You could try the being nice thing but thats just not my style.Do you get along with your mother-in-law?
You are the only person who can allow her to take over. Put your foot down and stand your ground! You slept with her son, not her!! Good luck to you!
I get along with my MIL. Try giving her some time to get used to you. You can make it well known (believe me) who's in charge %26amp; that you don't giving a sh*t about her opinion when the time comes, if she's rude, b!tchy, %26amp; just plain nasty to you tell her then if you wanted to listen to an a**hole you would fart.



Edit: do I sound hormonal enough? lol
I went through the similar situation as you. I was pregnant with my last baby ( now 6yr old) and we had to live with them til the previous owners moved out. It was only about a month that we stay with her, but she drove me nuts too. If I gave my kids cereal for breakfast she would say that it wasn't filling enough, and taht they would get hungry. She would try to tell me what to cook for dinner for my hubby and kids. Finally I had it and I yelled in her face and took my kids and drove ourselves to a hotel I paid for the whole week. I called my husband to tell him where we were. It's not that I wanted to be mean or what not I had talked to her in a calm way asking her to please not judge me on how I cared for my family. Even my husband had talked with her.



Til this day I think she pretends to like me. My husband says as long as he loves me and is happy with me then try not to let it bother me or it will stress me out. Thats what I do I hear her opinions and say ok thanks. That doesn't mean that I will do what she says. Keeps her a lil happy when I pretend to listen...LoL
I moved in with my husband (boyfriend at the time) 4 yrs ago and got pregnant months after moving here. My husband owns the house and my in-laws live with us. While pregnant she drove me nuts as well and yes after our daughter was born she tried everything to tell me what do and what not to do. I have two older kids so I know what I'm doing and I had to remind her all the time. Our daughter is now 3 plus my other kids are 13 and 11. She doesn't get to involved anymore not since I blown up at her. We are now pregnant again and she doesn't even try. It took me 4 yrs to stand up for myself and my kids. Just be prepared for the same thing all in-laws are like this especially when you live with them or they live with you.
nope not hormones. i got along well with my mil until my daughter was born and then bam, nothing i did was right from the way i diapered her to the bottles i used. i really did try and put up with it until mothers day when she showed up at the door and said she was there to take the baby for the day since it was her first grandmothers day. that was it for me it was my first mothers day and the fight was on. everytime she catches wind that my husband and i are taking our daughter somewhere she feels the need to drag his side of the family with us (that consists of 1 single sister, 1 single brother who brings his girlfriend and his married sister and her husband and my husbands father) finally i just started telling them that they were not invited. you will have to be blunt and honest dont lie just tell her this is the way you and your botfriend do things and to butt out.
I also have trouble with my MIL, because she seems to know EVERYTHING and has an awful habit of opening her mouth and saying things she shouldn't. I can't blame my pregnancy horomones for not getting along with her because it started before I was pregnant. But I can say I have a harder time ignoring her rudeness and being patient with her while pregnant.



Make sure you stand strong beside your values and beliefs for YOUR child. After all, you carry the baby for 9 months and you are the baby's mother no matter what! You make the rules. Be strong, good luck!
sure do. sometimes she even sticks up for me when my wife goes crazy.
  • How to make a babys quilt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment