Sunday, November 21, 2010

Women...how do you deal with your significant other?

I love my husband dearly. He is my world. He is 8 years older than I am, but usually that's not a problem.



Last night when we got home our home phone had been disconnected. Yes, I paid the bill, but it had not reached the office. I called this morning and they had no problem reconnecting as we have a good account with them. I've NEVER been disconnected for anything. Anyhoo, my hubby was upset. He went on and on about how important it is to have the phone for the chicken house alarms, and how much it affects our credit rating for being shut off (He has excellent credit, he's worked hard for).

Anyhoo, after I took care of the home phone, I called to pay our cell phone bill, as it was due. I paid over the phone with a check. That account is in my name, but he holds the primary phone, so they texted my payment confirmation to his phone along with the last 4 of my bank account number. He called me HOT!!!

Why did they do that? Is that safe? I've been on the phone all morning calling about this and that trying to get all straight. I understand identity theft is huge, but I think he goes overboard sometimes!!! I pure feel like a child being repremended by daddy this morning.



I'm sorry this is more of a rant, but I'm just at a loss. I don't like a lot of confrontation, and I hate for anyone to be mad/upset /disappointed/etc with me. I like for all to go well.



I've cried about it. I've apologized numerous times.... I'm just at a loss...



Am I right to feel like he should just get over it, or is he right to still be upset about it? I hate feeling this way. If I call him, he's really short and to the point. I can tell he's still upset about the entire situation. I'm afraid he's going to take the check book away from me....



I feel like I'm doing my level best. I take care of our 4mo old. I cook supper, I work full time, I clean (when I can) the house, I wash the clothes. I feel like sometimes I'm doing it all alone, and when I screw up, I get blamed...Like a child who's irresponsible.



He stays so busy in the chicken houses, that it's easier for me to pay bills while I sit at work. I don't mind doing things for him, and being a good wife and mother, but I feel like a total screw up today...



Any encouragement ladies?





PS...He's not controlling, or dissrespectful, or etc, he's just a stickler about bills and money...LOL!!!Women...how do you deal with your significant other?
Some men are perfectionists and this may be his issue.Or if he's like the rest of us he's still afraid of going broke. Talk with him about how you feel and see if he offers any comfort.Women...how do you deal with your significant other?
MEN! he have no reason to be upset with you, it's not your fault you paid the bill if anything he should have called the phone company and gave them a piece of his mind, don't worry about it he'll be ok and so will you! men just don't realize the responsibilities that women have, just continue doing what you do.you really sound like a good wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment