Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you deal with your parents death?

Both of my parents are still alive, but I cant imagine if they werent. I am extremely close with my mother and think she is the best mom in the whole world. It is just me and my mom that live together, and I have gotten so used to her as a best friend, I just cant imagine not having her there.



I know I can not control death, and everyone must die eventually...but I want to know how to deal with it. I dont understand how people can deal with the death of the parents. I feel like if my parents died, then I would want to die too.How do you deal with your parents death?
I had the same thinking about you just before my father died last May this year. I really never had any experience death in the family. When I got married and moved out of the country and left my parents with my other siblings, I really never thought that I would actually be facing with my own worst nightmare. Last Jan 2008 when I moved out of the country, my father was just sitting in the couch and says goodbye to me and I says goodbye to him too and just wave my hand. He told me to take care of myself. I kept telling myself and my husband that I do not know what I am going to do if something happens to my parents. My mom is suffering from lung problem due to her smoking habit and my dad was having so much problem with his diabetes. I wanted to be with them at all times but because of the circumstances, I have to leave them. Whenever I use to call home, I'm always talking to my mom and whenever my dad would answer the phone I would just ask for mom and chat with her. Asking her both about their health.

When my father's unexpected death last May 20, the next day I make sure that I have to be home right away. Crying in the airport all through out the journey. As I was standing in the entrance door of his funeral, I still couldn't believe that it was him lying there. I just do not know how would I react. I was so stunned. On the day before he shot himself, I thought of him right away first thing in the morning and I said to myself that I would suprise him on his bday on May 31st by calling him and I would tell him for the first time that I love him. And after that when I looked at the date I said to myself, OH ITS ONLY 19, I STILL HAVE FEW DAYS LEFT TO CALL HIM. After few hours, I got a call from my brother and told me the news about my dad, and I just found myself shocked and screaming afterwards. I packed my luggage and I told my husband that I have to get home right away. the night I was waiting for my flight the next day, when he passed away and I can't even explain how much pain I felt at that time.

Its very hard to deal about death esp when its someone we really loved. All I can think of right now is that, I felt guč°‹lty because I haven't show him how much I really love him when I had the chance. That you would really just feel their č°‹mportance when they are gone. So as much as you can, to those you truly loved, tell them how much you love them and be as much as you can to be there for them. Make them happy the way you know could.How do you deal with your parents death?
I lost my father, and I always wanted to go before my parents would, my mom is still alive and I kiss the ground she steps on. Love them as much as you can and let them know how much you appreciate them because before you it was them.



I've learned to deal with my father's death through God and found peace knowing that he's not in this cruel world anymore and that one day i'll be with him too.
well i think just try to think of good things while you were with them you know and also think that they are in a better place

and dont do stupid things like suicide

because then you probably wouldnt be able to see your parents in heaven


I lost my mother back in 2000, whenever I would speak to her on the phone when she was still alive, I would always end the conversation with ';I love you ma!'; and she would reply ';I love you too darling!';.

The day before her death she put the phone down, before I could say my usual words, which hurt me, but when I found out that she had died it made me wonder wether she knew that she was going to die of a brain anurisum? and thought that by not listening to me saying that I loved her would make it easier on me?.

The Queen Mother, over here in england, once said that you never get over losing a loved one, you only get better at hiding it! and I think that is true. While you still have your parents, love them and cherish them, for death is always waiting for a chance to steal what we love!
ok,death is obviously a natural disaster and yes we all are going to die but a death of any close family member is the hardest,

how to cope with it well its very hard and i wouldn't even imagine how i will deal with it but before me and my husband were married his mother had died and for the first couple of months for him was hell he tried so hard to forget her then 6 months after her his brother had passed away,

so that was worse he just kept thinking in his brain that death is natural and soon he will die too we all are going to do well he tried to stay strong, he cried for months he didn't want to speak to any he always would be upset, you know what he didn't even stay at home much so he wouldn't remember the things they use to do but hey no matter wat he did nothing was going to bring them back so eventually he made him self understand that its normal until this day he will always go and Visit them and obviously cry but i mean what else can you do,

just don't think about the death of anyone its hard that way and heaps upsetting everything happens all of a sudden just forget it and live life ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment