Sunday, November 21, 2010

Parents how do you deal with your inlaws? My inlaws are coming for a week eek how am i going to survive this?

First let me state that i hat my mother inlaw with all of my heart. She has been nothing but mean condescending and critical of how i parent my twins who are 5 months old. She has been bashing me because i breastfeed them and because i do not just let them cry it out as it were. And because she thinks i need to separate them. And she also bash's me because i bathe my son's together. Well anyways there house is being tented for termites and they are coming to stay with my husband and i for a week. How am i going to do this? This lady drives me up one wall and back down another. I do not know if i can go a week with her without screaming and yelling at her and just telling her what i think of her. Ugh anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thank you everyone.Parents how do you deal with your inlaws? My inlaws are coming for a week eek how am i going to survive this?
This might be a bit passive aggressive but I think I would find every article I could about benefits of breastfeeding and attachment parenting - anything against cry-it-out and for co-sleeping or specific to twin attachment. Find as many as you can and print them out, leave them laying all over the house - the guest room the bathroom and livingroom. If she says anything you can suggest that she reads up on the subject. She is bound to get the hint and hopefully learning something - at the very least you won't have to repeat information over and over again you can just refer her to the proper room.



Good Luck - I would DIE if my MIL would come over for an hour - I don't know how I could handle a week.Parents how do you deal with your inlaws? My inlaws are coming for a week eek how am i going to survive this?
I feel for you. I really do not like my mother-in-law either.



I think you have two options here...maybe three.



1. Tell her how you feel upfront. What are the rules while she is at your house? What do you not want her to be doing?



2. Wait til she makes you angry and then tell her my kids to raise you had your chance.



3. Have your husband tell her to back off of you. (this is always my solution, he is good for something)



Good luck.
that may be the best thing love, put your foot down and let the woman have it, she sounds like the devil in disguiese i mean really be nice to her as much as you can swallow anyways, but when she strikes that last nerve ( and hopfully itll be near the end of her stay) tell her is this how you repay some one who has opened up thier doors to you and let you stay here outa kindness? say listen here mother for (years) ive been bitting my tounge and listening to you rant and rave and bash and undermine me, well now it is my turn to tell you how you make me feel and what i think of you for the things you have said and done to this family, then procced to tell her exactly how she has made you feel bring up certian situations and when your done with that ( keep in mind try to make sure the twins are out of sight for this) but after you have told her that tell her shes is just as much a pain in YOUR *** that those termites are in hers, and that you think her and those termites belong together , to pack her bags head out back to her place or a hotel becuz she has out stayed her welcome there at your home, then walk away with tears in your eyes ( the dramatic look) and lock yourself int he bathroom for a good hakf hr ( make sure you put a good book in there the night b4 lol) and when they come knowcking make sure the door is locked and say right now you cant talk you need to calm down to leave you be, they will see just how upset and hurt you truley are, hopefully that will get it through her head, sometimes inlaws need a good snapping on, i havent hesitated to snap on mine when they need to be put in thier place... good luck and sanity blessings
There is nothing wrong with breast feeding and bathing your children together. Twins or not. There's nothing sick or unnatural about your parenting technique. I think the only twisted one is your ';outlaws';.

You need to stand your ground and tell her how her gum bashings make you feel. Otherwise your left stressed and gritting your teeth. If you don't feel comfortable talking to her ask your partner to, it's his mother anyways! Or suggest a nice hotel, somewhere far far away!!
Find a local motel close by and put them up in it. Tell them they can visit during the day, but at night you need your peace and privacy. Tell hubby that it will be less stressful for you and the kids, he should understand.



If that doesn't work, put them to work by having them help you clean house, help with the kids and cook. Like giving yourself a mini-vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment