Sunday, November 21, 2010

How would you feel if your mother in law showed favoritism?

So I need everyone's opinion on this....My MIL has never had much to do with my children and for the life of me I cannot understand why! My kids are 7 and 9. Really good kids , but anytime my husband has ever asked her she always has some excuse to why she cannot watch them. We havent asked her to watch them in over 6 months so tonight my husband and I wanted to go to a movie so he decided to ask her although he hates to ask her because she always says no. My mom keeps them every day from 3-5 and she rotates weekends with my kids and her other grandkids and no this is not every weekend maybe twice a month , and she never takes both mine at the same time she will normally keep my daughter and nephew on friday and then the next weekend keep my son and other nephew. My problem is my MIL keeps my sister in laws 2 kids everyday m-f while she works and also on the weekends so she can go out. She never invites my kids over or anything as a matter of fact they have never even spent the night with her. I dont see how she can show so much favortism to her grandkids. I feel like she isnt even a grandma to my kids and its not fair for them to question me. My husband acts like its no big deal and he shouldnt say anything to her. I mean if this was my mother not having anything to do with my kids I would say something! It's just not right! It's not the fact that she wont keep them its the fact that she shows no interest in their lives! I mean she could pick up the phone and call them just to say hi. This has caused my husband and I alot of problems because I get so angry because I feel like my kids are being mistreated!! Am I over reacting??How would you feel if your mother in law showed favoritism?
My husbands parents are the same, so is my father. What the heck?

I thought this was odd. I used to go out of my way to have my son call them because I thought, well maybe we should initiate these relationships.

My own grandmother was so loving! So was my mom to her grandchildren. I thought that's what all grandmas and grandpas were supposed to be like.

What a disappointment. We gave up trying.How would you feel if your mother in law showed favoritism?
You are not over reacting. Your MIL is a bi***. My children don't have any grandparent spend time with them either. Guess what? I don't spend time with their grandparents, at all. I won't take it, if they don't want to spend time with MY kids, then it is their loss. They are out of my children's lives, I mean why should they think they have grandparents when the grandparents don't spend time with them????
Subtly mention the phrase 'one and half grandma's' around the kids in a joking manner. If your hubby says anything, simply say 'when your Mom is a grandmother to our kids, she'll get the respect she deserves, otherwise......
No u r not over reacting but sadly this happens all the time with families. They tend to ignore the grand kids if they don't care for their DIL/SIL, The grand kids r the losers in this because they never get the love of the grand parent. U can't force a grandparent to love or accept your children but u can refuse to have anything to do with the grandparent yourself. Your husband is a fool if he doesn't see what she's doing to the kids %26amp; your marriage. He needs to stand up to her %26amp; let her know he doesn't appreciate how she does the kids or you two.

No comments:

Post a Comment