Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you deal with your Birth Father's Wife will not help you contact her husband?

I was adopted by my step father without any knowledge of my birth father. I actually met him when I was about 5 twice and didn't know exactly who he was until much later. I had a family friend who is still in brief contact with my BF (he told me that my BF was interested in making contact with me) and I don't know if I offended him, but he no longer speaks to me...



Last Christmas, I found an email linked to my BF's wife. I sent her an email - she told me I contacted the wrong person.



About 3 months ago I received confirmation that it was indeed her email ... along with a phone number and mailing address. SO I sent a restricted certified letter to the address. I just got it back ';unclaimed';. My thought is that his wife got the notice and never notified my BF.



Today I found my BF's Facebook account, sent her an email and I was blocked access.



I'm crushed that she is not being supportive.



Has anyone experienced something similar? Do you make contact yourself or has someone made contact for you (ala ';The Locator'; style...)? I came so close to give up now.



PS - yes I've tried looking for HIM specifically on social sites and nothing. I have tried calling with a blocked number but he never answers! lol I've also found a sister - she's 15... but I'm pretty positive that she does not have knowledge of me. I didn't want to disturb her life - that's a big shock. Plus she'd probably tell her mother...



HELP (please ;) )How do you deal with your Birth Father's Wife will not help you contact her husband?
I think you should get in contact with your father with the help of your family friend, even though you haven't spoken to each other in a while.



If that doesn't help, then why don't you add your father on Facebook? You said you have found his account! Your stepmother can't do anything about it, unless she knows his password which i highly doubt it.



As for your sister, I think it's better to meet her once you have met your father. That way, at least she knows that you are her brother and not an imposter lol.



Good Luck xxxHow do you deal with your Birth Father's Wife will not help you contact her husband?
Well, you deserve, at the very least, an explanation. I really think that it's just her who's blocking you, and he probably has no knowledge of it, but you need and deserve to know at any rate.



I say forget the family friend, and look at your inventory of other friends. Got anyone ballsy enough to strike up an online friendship with her? If so, have him/her contact this woman on facebook or whatever, be nice to her and get in the friendship door...with the eventuality of exchanging e-mails. Personally, everyone I know gets caught up in the ';fowards'; in e-mail, and I bet she does, too - that's how you get his e-mail address. Whenever she fowards an email to her phony friend, look at who else she's forwarded it too. I bet she'll forward one to him eventually.



good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment