Friday, November 19, 2010

How to deal with your dad having cancer when you live far away?

About a year ago I moved about 4 hours from my hometown, which is the farthest I have ever been from my family. I am an only child and my family and I have never been really close. So the distance from them did not bother me that much. I settled into my new life and got a good job. I really like it here and never plan on going back home. About a month ago I found out that my Dad has lung cancer and he seems to only have a year at most on chemo. My parents want me to move back home but it has never been a good living enviroment with my mother so i dont think that is a good idea. I dont know what to do or how to feel. To everyone else it seems like I am always making mistakes. Everyone makes me feel guilty for wanting to stay here and trying to keep some sort of a life. Help me what do I do?How to deal with your dad having cancer when you live far away?
Do you love your family or your home?



Your family spent all their lives trying to protect you %26amp; if you had cancer, do you think they would feel guilty and stay at their treasured home?



Your dad has one year to live and life's short. You can always find a job in a few weeks.



%26amp; Your mom probably wants you to leave your house and start living with her because:



THINK OF IT HAS THIS.



Your boyfriend/husband that you've been with for years, has lung cancer and has approximately 1 year to live. Your daughter refuses to go home because she loves her location. When your boyfriend/husband dies, you're all alone. No one. You sit in a house with furniture and some pets. No one to talk to. You sit and think: ';My daughter is so lucky to have such a great life.';



...:/

No comments:

Post a Comment