Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Does Your Mother(or Father) hate your spouse?

You know I love my mother so much but she hates my husband. I have been married to him for 13 years and we have 2 wonderful kids. I do not know why but she does. He had to stop attending family dinners that included my mother(all of them) because she always threw some kind of silverware or China at him. Here is a link to my last question about an incident we had-http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnJsLXoMt1BbGN.RX1t3hu7sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20081124135043AAtoEt4. Anyway she hates him and won't even talk to him if he asks her a question and they fight all the time. She has an advantage because she is Greek and swears at him in Greek and he doesn't know any Greek. It is just extremely difficult trying to deal with both of them. You know my mom didn't even attend my wedding and as a wedding gift she gave us a business card of a divorce lawyer. And she has given me that card every single year as a B-Day gift. I am her youngest out of 5 and somehow she makes a big deal about me and my marriage. I think maybe it is because I didn't get married to a Greek guy. I don't know?? Well questions are-Are any of your parents like this and how do you cope with them?



Thank You

JoLynneDoes Your Mother(or Father) hate your spouse?
You have to draw a line! You have allowed your mother to disrespect your husband and she will not stop until you put your foot down. She doesn't have to love him or like him...but she must respect him and your relationship for the sake of you and your children!



It is unacceptable that she has not gotten over any ill feelings in 13 years. It is unacceptable for her to throw anything at him. It is unacceptable for you to feel welcome at a family function that he can't attend. You married him and have kids with him, your an adult and you must take a stand and talk to her. If her behavior continues, visit with your siblings and other family separately and realize that regardless to how much you love your Mom...she's not showing you love.



My heart goes out to you! Its time to stand up to your Mom and stand by your husband! Does Your Mother(or Father) hate your spouse?
Thank God my parents have never met my husband. Well my husbands parents do not hate me at all. I love them, but your mother does not like your hubbie very much. It has been 13 years, I am surprised she had not killed him yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment