Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Single Mother to be, your experiences?

I just recently found out that I am pregnant. I have already told the father of the baby. We are not together and really never have been, we dated a little. It hits a nerve to be single and pregnant because I never thought that it was going to be like this. I hate that I want to be with him because I really do care about him hes a great guy. I don't think he really wants to be with me. Don't get me wrong I am thinking about the baby not just myself. so my question is how did you single mothers deal with this and what are your experiences?Single Mother to be, your experiences?
My mum was single and she did fantastically. Many people look down on single mothers, thinking the child will be deprived from the father figure. However i was lucky enough to have male family members who has been a great influence on my life. If you have the same options in your family, it may be a good idea to have them be involved. It will be hard for you, but with a supportive family you should do well. You will feel a greater sense of achievement when your child grows up into a respectable human all because of you. Take help when you need it. Go to classes for single mums. And of course, if the father wants to be involved let it be, unless he lets the baby down. A child is better off with two parents living separately than them living together and not really wanting to be. Hope this helps :)Single Mother to be, your experiences?
Being a single parent is VERY, VERY hard. Rely on any support that you have available (friends, family, church, parenting groups, etc.) -you will need it. I have days where I cry because I am so stressed out. But then I have days that I cry because I know I am so blessed and lucky to have my girls. There are moments when I literally feel my heart swelling with love for them. Being with someone that doesnt want to be with you will only leave you feeling sad and neglected, and your child would grow up to see that. The best thing to do is to just raise your child and let your child's father be involved in the child's life. If he eventually decides that he has true feelings for you, then that would be wonderful. Until then, plan on being a great single mom!
Being a single Mom is only as hard as you make it. I am a single Mom of a 3 and 4 year old and have raised them by myself from the beginning. I was married to their father but he decided that he didn鈥檛 want the responsibility of a family so I鈥檝e been caring for them emotionally and financially since my youngest was born. There was a period of time in the beginning that I was sad and felt alone but I decided that I was going to be strong for my children sake and make sure they were well taken care of and loved.. Thus far my journey as a single Mom has been great. You have your moments where you wonder what it would be like if it was a two parent home and then there are days you feel like super woman, astonished at how you makes things work.



I鈥檝e managed to complete Graduate School all while working full-time and raising my little ones. It gets tough at times but know that your hard work and sacrifices aren鈥檛 in vain. If your child father wants to be apart of their life, let him. If he doesn鈥檛 so be it, move on with your life and raise your child. If possible take him to court for child support so that he can contribute to their care of his child. Being a single Mom isn鈥檛 the end of the world like some people make it seem. Best of luck!
I am currently 26 weeks pregnant. I been single the whole pregnancy due to the fact that the father is just a dead beat. There are so many single mothers out there and they go on to raise there children and find great men. I will say that its hard. I never thought that when i had my first child i would be doing it alone but so far i am doing fine. There are some nights where i find my self crying but when i feel my son's kicks i am reminded at how wonderful pregnancy is and how i am about to be a mom. I only think about my sons health and my own. When i do get sad i turn to my friends and family for their support or i go online to look up whats going on with my baby during that week. You will be fine. Who know maybe later your babys father will come around but dont stress him. I hope you feel a little better from what i had to say.
You allready told him your pregnant and that's the hard part. Talk to him about what this means for ';us'; and see where it goes. If there is no ';us';, then put your focus on getting through the pregnancy. Not to say that you arent allready, but planning for a new little one and allowing yourself to get excited about it can take some of the sting out of a broken heart. Afterward, you will be amazed at how things just kind of fall into place. This is life, its not perfect and it allways changes, but keep your chin up, stay strong for you and your baby, and you should do fine.
Some days being a single mom sucks and some days its awesome. Some days I can't believe how lucky I am to have my two beautiful children and others I want to cry from all the stress of doing it all on my own. If he still chooses to be a part of your child's life that will make it easier. The father of my children is not involved with them and never will be. I will not see any child support from him until they are in their 20's. It makes it a lot harder but I get up every morning determined to do the best I can for them to get them what they need and a few things they want. It's best to go into it with a mentality like that, do all that you can do to provide for them that is what your child really needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment