Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you deal with your husbands family?

My fiances mother is VERY rude and so is his two sisters. They don't think about anyone BUT themselves and I just can't take it anymore! My fiance and I have a one year old son together and just had his birthday party last weekend. The sisters brought their boyfriends and ate like cows, opened the kids treat bags and ate the candy out of them, didn't bring a GIFT for my son OR a card, and left a complete MESS with all their dirty plates on the table before they left. Their mom did the same...only she actually brought a gift. How do I deal with this?! They have jobs and are old enough to know better...when they have children do I just do the same? Not buy their child any gifts and say ';I thought we don't buy for neice and nephews';...that's sad but what would YOU do?! Same thing happened for XMAS last year AND my son's shower.How do you deal with your husbands family?
My boyfriends mother hates me.



In the past she called me a fat lazy b

and said I need a job and I have a fat #ss



Well I'm 5' 7'; and 130lbs ( skinny )

I have been working since I was 16 consistently ( I stopped when I had my daughter in January to stay home and raise her but 8 years of working is not LAZY!



She IS fat,

Never has worked!!!!

and is a rude b*^#@.



She doesn't do anything for our daughter and the few times she has come to see her she is outside every 10 minutes for a cigarette...gross!



I think your fiance needs to step up and say something about their behavior but if he's a ma ma's boy like my boyfriend is don't hold your breath.How do you deal with your husbands family?
Easy..i don't. If you're being disrespected...don't stay around them.
weve been married 21 years, it hasnt been easy, his mother is horrible. i tolorated her for a long time, but about 6 years ago or so, when his mom called me a b----!, he stood up to her and i couldnt be more proud of him we dont have any thing to do with his family now, on drugs or mental, they dont have the same beliefs as we do. we made sure we dont live in the same town as they
Sounds like the sisters are immature, and need to grow up i would confront them about their behavior and let them know what is expected at your home. I would let my husband take care of the situation with his mother and that way she cant get angry with you, also it is his place to take care of family situations like this
If they are adults, I cut off all invitations.



If they are minors, I tolerate it.



BTW: Having parties in public venues allows for

abrupt exits when necessary.



Fast food venues have a section for the kids to play,

allows for you to purchase children's meals, and bring

in a cake. The adults can buy their own meals, usually

get sick of the noise and want to leave early.



Another thing to do is to open the gifts early.



Everyone gets there, you announce that it is time to sing

happy birthday, blow out the candles, then open gifts (While announcing the giver), and then have the meals served.

The cake is served with the meal.



Best wishes
if they can not be respectful dont invite them. My husvband an I don't invite his sister because she is very immature.
if you are celebrating your son's birthday, invite your son's friends and his age group of people.

They are not going to change. You have learned a lesson from this incident. Let your fiance aware of their behavior. When you and he are prepared mentally and physically then invite them at your home otherwise avoid them wisely and nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment