Friday, November 19, 2010

Telling your mother about your pregnancy.?

My mom and I didn't have a great relationship, basically up until I moved out of the house and started living on my own [I'm 22, now]. But I still tell my mom everything that is happening in my life, in fact we tell each other more stuff now then ever. I have been with my boyfriend for two years now and we are planning on getting married next year, my mother knows all this. She does not know, however, that I am pregnant. 23 weeks to be exact, I see her almost every weekend, and since I'm not showing she doesn't know. I WANT to tell her, but something inside me thinks that she will be disappointed, and maybe even offer a harsh word or two. So how can I tell my mom without making it into such a huge deal?



Just to add: They ';think'; I'm having a boy, [I say ';think';because doctor said it was a girl, and tech said it was a boy] and I believe that might be even harder on my mom then it is on me. We come from a very matriarchal family and both have had seriously messed up relationship and encounters with men. So, on top of telling her that I'm pregnant, how do I also tell her it's a boy?Telling your mother about your pregnancy.?
just be honest with her. i myself had issues with my mother for several years and when i was prego with my daughter i just called her told her and waited for her reaction. it will be better than you think. they may be crabby and seem to despise us at times but they cant hold that againt their grnd babies. good luck!Telling your mother about your pregnancy.?
just be straightup with her. im sure she'll understand your pregnancy. and as for you having a boy part, just tell her that it's part of nature. theres a 50/50 chance of having either a boy or girl, and it just happened that you ended up with a boy.



good luck =]

No comments:

Post a Comment