Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Trying to conceive - Would you ever talk to your mother again if she said this to you?

My fiance and I have been trying to conceive for a little more than a year now with one pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. My mother and I argue alot and acouple months ago she went as far as to make fun of my for the fact of not being able to have a child. She said things like ';Atleast I can have kids';...';You'll never have kids';... I let it go... well I didnt really but I continued to speak to her... acouple weeks ago we got into an arguement again and she once again commented about me not being able to have kids.... and when I got alittle emotional and teared up she continued to say ';ooooh are you getting emotional now';.... Not even my worst enemy would say something like this to me.... she's extremely childish and an alcoholic but that is no excuse.... she herself had 3-4 miscarriages acouple years ago so she knows how it feels..... and she turns around and acts like my bestfriend acouple days later....It hard enough having to deal with the fact of not being able to conceive...but when your own mother makes fun of you for it.... it kills me even more....I feel like if I ever do end up having kids I wouldnt want her to see them.... am I wrong for that....? What would you do in this situation?Trying to conceive - Would you ever talk to your mother again if she said this to you?
my granmother is like that also.. your mom and my granmother would have a fabulous time together. they both seem bipolar



i just brush it off but i cry in my bedroom because they dont understand..all the family members had no problems (except my aunt..she kept having miscarriages due to a clot in her uterus). she should would go on and say..



';this 1 over here will never experience motherhood due to everything she went threw';



its hard honey. and if you ever need someone that relates to you.. im here!





mothers are mean especially if they think your ';out to get them'; or if you do something they dont want you doing..etc.



smh @ mothers, they will never understand, because they have never gone threw this..Trying to conceive - Would you ever talk to your mother again if she said this to you?
i wouldnt talk to her for sooooo long ! or at least id act aloof and not really listen to what she says. she has NO right to say things like that to you since not being able to conceive easily is not your fault. if it turns out you actually cant ever have kids just remember that there are so many parentless kids in this world that you will find your own amongst them. dont worry, be strong and take care! hope you conceive soon and if you do show your mother that you will be the best damn mum there can be in this world! prove her wrong! good luck! xx
that's very wrong and maybe you should distant yourself. you are right, what kind of mom would u be someday to subject your own kids to that?!?!



she sounds like a sociopath!!! they have a lack of emotions and regards for others.



don't give up on trying....also remember there are other great options such as adoption, and fertility help!!!





GOOD LUCK
The stress of dealing with your mother might be why you're having problems conceiving.
Whoa your mother no matter how sane or how drunk she was she should of NEVER said that to you..That is very hurtful..You should try to cut of communication with here and not see her or even call her and maybe she will get it that she hurt you feelings..

Praying you get your BFP soon..



Lots of Baby Dust to you and me and all TTC Ladies..
oh dear!! i know how much that hurts!! my mom prayed to god front of me that i wont be able to have kids at all, just for the fact i got married and had to leave the house, that's so selfish i know... at the time it hurted me deeply and now every time i get my period i remember her prayers against me,,, i know for a fact god is fear and will never expect such prayer,,, but wat can we do? their our mothers, we must respect them and keep in contact with for ever,, plz dont worry hopfuly we both will conceive soon and we'll be the best mothers:D cheer up sweetie, after all she's ur mother just try to ignore it. wish u best of luck...
I know how you feel with regards to the pain of TTC. If my mother ever said anything like that to me, I would be furious with her. If I were you, I would tell her that her words are really hurting you and say you'd like her to stop. See what she does then. If she continues then I think you should stop talking to her. She seems to be upsetting you quite a bit and that is not fair on you. If she doesn't appreciate the pain you are going through trying to have a child, then I don't think it's that unfair if you limited the time she spends with them.



Sorry this is rambling. I think it's really unfair she's upsetting you and I don't think it would be unfair if you removed hateful people from your life. I wish you luck and baby dust!
It sounds to me as if your mom has some sort of jealousy towards you and this is her way of dealing with it (although it's quite harsh). Maybe she is jealous that you are not an alcoholic and that you have a wonderful fiance. Have you asked her before WHY she says what she says? I wouldn't discuss the TTC issues with your mother anymore. Confide in friends. E-mail me if you want too! My husband and I have been trying for a year as well :)
Your mother is wrong for saying that to you. There is no excuse or reasoning she can give to make it right. She was 100% wrong. If you want to have a relationship with your mom, it is very improtant that you tell her how you feel. You need to let her know that it is very hurtful what she says to you about making fun of you not being able to have kids. If she does not understand or does it again, then you should wait a while before you speak to her again, letting her know it is unacceptable behavior and you will not take it anymore. Maybe by not talking to her, she will get the point and understand how hurtful it was to you.



Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment