Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you deal with a mother that's making you hate your life?

I HATE my mother! Or maybe hate is a strong word; I resent her ***. She makes me miserable all the damn time. I'm 17 and still living with her and I know some of you would say that it's just a teenage thing, but she takes control of my entire life.



In high school, every accomplish men was OUR accomplishment. Her thing is, I couldn't have accomplished anything without her help, GOd's help, or my family's help, so it's not my accomplishment.



She constantly rags on my weigh issues. Damn man, I'm within my BMI range but because she is going on this fitness garbage she finds the need to constantly remark. ';OH, where did that butt come from'; ';Why don't you come jogging with us, it's not like you don't need it.'; I turned bulimic at 15 because of her.



I like gay ppl. I'm a self proclaimed fag hag. We are a Christian family and her thing is that gays are an abomination to God, but she is not homophobic. If she has to pretend to retch everytime the subject comes up and make crude comments on it........she's a homophobe.



She banned me from watching any show that is gay themed but if there is explicit sex, she doesn't make a fuss. I recently purchased a gay-themed DVD and she gave me this long *** speech about how I'm following a broken road and I'm going to become like the Prodigal Son and the life that I am choosing will be my downfall.................IT WAS ONE FREAKIN' DVD. You would think I told her I was gay.



Because of the DVD incident, she screens my internet history. I'm not allowed to close my door at all. She says if I need to change I go in the bathroom. She is constantly asking me ';What site are you on now?';



I swear she's going to cause me to commit suicide and if i didn't know what happens after you commit it, it would have been done.



She's over bearing and she's the reason why I have social problems because I can't go anywhere. I've never been to a high school party, never been kissed, never had a boyfriend, is told that I dress frumpy, and that I need to stop being so serious all the time and live life up.





She does't realize that all this crap that she deals out on me will lead to me doing ALL the wrong things. I already made plans to trasfer to a college half a world away.



I STILL HAVE A CURFEW.......WHEN I';M AT HOME! I am to be in bed at 1:00a.m with the lights out.



I hate my life and maybe instead of resent, I'm starting to hate my mother.How do you deal with a mother that's making you hate your life?
Show her this:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dadyes/sp.h鈥?/a>



Tell her it's all Spider mans fault. Kidding. Smiling?

I hope you are. You have delt with all of her negativity this long , and remember , the end is in sight. Not suicide!!. You will be away at college soon , and will be able to grow into the woman you are destined to become. Never let anyone tell you who you are. (Including your family) I hope that you seek out a professional to talk with. They will best help you to sift through the crap your mother has piled onto you.

Remember to smile. It makes people wonder what you're thinking.)~

Do as she says for now to keep the peace.

Very hard , but you are still underage , under her thumb. See if you can get a part time job to save up for college. Stay busy. Focus on you , your future. You can't control others , only yourself.

Best of luck to you in all you do.How do you deal with a mother that's making you hate your life?
:D I had a councellor that she selected for me cause she was worried that I was heading down a road of darkness and damnation @_@. You're right the only thing that keep me in check is my thoughts of going away to college and still having a good relationship with my family. Thanks!!

Report Abuse


i totally agree, i hate my mother, i know its a strong word. But she completely controls my life, I really want to leave my house, she makes my life miserable. For instance when I stay at another person or family member's house I have a completely better day, I just honestly hate her and step dad

Report Abuse


just try work out
Your 17, remember you only have one more year there then you are off to college and you don't have to look back. It sounds like your mother cares but is way overbearing. Don't let this overbearing keep you from going to college far away. At college you can recreate yourself and be whoever you want, stay out as late as you want, do what you want on the internet, hang out with whoever you want and will have a great time. Just concentrate on that and you will be able to get by in the last year of high school.
tell her cause if i was you i would of exploded at hr tell her everything cause she sounds like a ***** ! or just start think of colleges far away and what you wanna be cause soon you'll be out of there !
why don't you just slap her in the face. You want your own way don't you? well, you are going to get it believe me. Just wait! You will be on your own soon enough, and then you will see how life really is.
She is your Mom and she cares about your soul as well as your welfare. If you get in trouble who is going to bail you out? your friends at the highschool? your internet pals or your Mom?

She is still responsible for what you do and she is trying to do the best job she can. I let my daughter after age 16 go ahead and just do what she wanted she lives on her own now, her life is filled with darkness and immorality, she says she is happy. But at least I don't have to live with her and watch it happen. Remember whatever you do don't tell her about what you are doing just check in and tell her you love her when she is dead and buried she will still be praying for you cause that is what a Mom does.. care, pray and hope its all they got!
I wish my mom was still alive. She died of ovarian cancer. Be glad you have a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment