Sunday, November 21, 2010

Wives and mothers out there do your husband's work nights and how do you deal with it?

My husband works 9 pm-8am and I hate it for myself and my daughter we fight about it all the time he is so tired and when he is off wants to stay up all night and sleep all day. We never even sleep together hardly at all anymore. How do I make myself just accept it and be happy. Wives and mothers out there do your husband's work nights and how do you deal with it?
noWives and mothers out there do your husband's work nights and how do you deal with it?
Be happy he is working. You need to try to get along, maybe he can get his shifts changed eventually.



My husband is never home and I try to keep us getting along...
That is a difficult shift to work. I used to work graveyard myself years ago.



We are trying to sleep when everyone else is awake. Most of the time we don't get enough sleep. It's very hard on a relationship.



My husband works construction and he has weird hours. I never know when to expect him. i just make dinner and warm it up later.



Sometimes I go to bed just to sleep with him and be around him more.



His job is your bread and butter. Maybe the one who needs to be more pliant with their time is you.
get use to, understand and be supportive only if he pay my bills lol
that's why a college degree is so important.. go back to school.. in about 4 years or so, it will all be worth it.
Accept the fact that you have a man willing to work his @ss off to support his family, not all men are so willing!



Treat him with the same respect you would expect if the situation was reversed.



STOP fighting about his work hours. If you must fight, fight over something worth fighting over, like saving your marriage from doom if you don't stop complaining because he works nights.



Sleep with hubby when you can, cuddling can make you reconnect with each other after a long day (or night) at work. Even if you just try to catch a nap with him.



Of course he want's to stay up all night on his days off, it's the schedule his body is accustom to.



Lighten up before hubby says screw this, I am not appreciated here and he finds another woman that will appreciate him more.



Good luck! ;-)



Mary in Camden, Michigan
Don't worry it wont be like this forever. My husband is in the Military and occasionally his shift is changed and he is gone working at nights for months on end. we have 3 kids 3 and under and it is hard not having your hubby next to you at night.



But find hope in this-he is working hard to support his family that he loves so much. During the day-allow him to sleep when he's sleeping, make him breakfast or if he wants to have lunch-make him lunch. Make sure to have sex with him during the day-even if its a quickie. Let him know that you love him and appreciate him and all of his hard work. If you are a SAHM-then be there for him when he needs you.





Another thing that I do-is when he is sleep during the day-when I put the kids down for their nap (if they take one) I go lay down next to my husband-just to watch him breath or kiss on him-youdon'tt have to be sleepy in the middle of the day-but this will help y'alll get some time together since its not spent at night.
if i were you, i would change my schedule to meet his, without sacrificing the needs of the daughter.
The first 5 years of my marriage my husband worked a 3rd shift. I'm not going to lie. It was hell. I was home with our son. I felt like a single parent. There wasn't a lot of romance either. The best thing I can say is ... accept it for right now. However, your husband and you need to get some kind of plan in action. Talk about future goals and really make an effort to pursue them. Commit to a date during the day time or on his off time, once a week.



Also, don't argue and nag him for this...Always begin your conversations with your husband on a positive note...example ';Honey, I am so happy that you work so hard to take care of us. I feel really blessed. Sometimes, I feel lonely at night. I miss us being close together. I think we should talk about our goals and aspirations...'; You could take it from there.



Just remember, you need to be patient.
My husband works a swing shift and I understand what you are saying about wanting to stay up all night and sleep all day. I find myself keeping the same hours as he does just so I can see him.



I deal with it because where he works he gets paid more when he is on the night shift. He makes good money and that allows me to stay home with the kids and go to school. I also deal with this by hogging the bed. I watch what I want on TV, I call my friends and talk all night just like I was back in high school. I hang out on yahoo answers.



As someone said before be grateful that he is working at all. He could be a dead beat and want to hang out with his friends all the time. Pick your battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment